X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Originally posted by digglahhh View Post
    Guys, why argue with Dbacks fan? He gave the criteria you have to use to determine your own vote at the end of his first post...

But, yeah, dude - Wins rule! Everybody knows they'd rather have Aaron Cook than Johan Santana...
    There is a good chance if Santana spent his career with the Rockies that he wouldn't even be in this poll.

Leave a comment:

• Zagi-CRO
    replied
    Originally posted by OleMissCub View Post
    The AL is certainly a "well I'll be..." thing, but the NL isn't shocking except for Volquez.
    Volquez won again! It's a total surprise!
    Like Josh Hamilton in the Rangers lineup. Excellent beginning in the major.
    Code:
    CYP
    8.4	Cliff Lee	Indians	6	0	0.81
    4.3	Ervin Santana	Angels	6	0	2.02
    2.8	Zack Greinke	Royals	4	1	1.8
    1.7	Shaun Marcum	Blu J	4	2	2.59
    1.3	Joe Saunders	Angels	6	0	2.61

5.2	Edinson Volquez	Reds	5	1	1.06
    3.4	Brandon Webb	Diam	7	0	2.49
    3.4	Carlos Zambrano	Cubs	5	1	1.8
    2.5	Jake Peavy	Padres	4	1	2.22
    2.2	Tim Lincecum	Giants	3	1	1.41
    It's too early for the predicting Cy winner, but it's interesting to see who are candidates now.
    Obviously, E.Santana, Greinke, Marcum, Saunders can't be on this pace later.
    Last edited by Zagi-CRO; 05-08-2008, 01:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by Texas Rangers View Post
    Being a Ranger fan, I've watched Volquez pitch several times. I honestly don't see him continuing this dominate trend. No way this sub-par pitcher can become a Cy Young winner over the course of a couple months. I guess time will be the answer to that though.
    It's certainly possible if you have a catcher who calls a great game and that is Paul Bako. He is by far the best game-caller I have seen on the Reds in it seems like forever. Even Aaron Harang has improved greatly with Bako behind the plate. I always expected Harang's ERA to be around 3.50 (at least in Cincy) but before yesterday, he was below 3.00. Plus, Mario Soto has been working exclusively with Volquez and Cueto and Soto had some pretty nasty stuff.

Leave a comment:

• OleMissCub
    replied
    Being a Ranger fan, I've watched Volquez pitch several times. I honestly don't see him continuing this dominate trend. No way this sub-par pitcher can become a Cy Young winner over the course of a couple months. I guess time will be the answer to that though.
    Greg Maddux went from 6-14 with a 5.61 ERA to 18-8 with 3.18. It's certainly possible.

Today was the first game where I've watched Volquez for an entire game. His stuff is so freakish nasty.

Leave a comment:

• bailiff
    replied
    But, being a ranger fan as well, I watched him pitch in the minors a lot. And, when he was on his game, he was, hands down, one of the most dominant pitchers I had ever seen pitch.

When his stuff was on, it was nasty. I predict that when all is said and done, he will be a Cy Young Award Winner before his career is over.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by redlegsfan21 View Post
    There is no way you can vote against a guy with 52 Ks (1st in MLB) and a 1.06 ERA (1st in NL, 2nd in MLB). And this guy is going to get his 5th win (2nd in NL, 5th in MLB)

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    There is no way you can vote against a guy with 52 Ks (1st in MLB) and a 1.06 ERA (1st in NL, 2nd in MLB). And this guy is going to get his 5th win (2nd in NL, 5th in MLB)
    Last edited by redlegsfan21; 05-07-2008, 11:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Rangers
    replied
    There is one problem for me to vote too.. were in EARLY MAY. There have been roughly 40 ballgames played.. OUT OF 162. I'm not voting for a Cy Young in May...

Leave a comment:

• OleMissCub
    replied
    Originally posted by Zagi-CRO View Post
    We can laugh, the best season's pitchers today are:

Code:
    AL 
                    CYP
    Cliff Lee	7.4	5	0	0.96	32
    Ervin Santana	4.3	6	0	2.02	38
    Zack Greinke	2.0	3	1	1.47	28

NL
                    CYP
    Edinson Volquez	3.4	4	1	1.27	42
    Brandon Webb	3.4	7	0	2.49	37
    Carlos Zambrano	3.4	5	1	1.8	38
    The AL is certainly a "well I'll be..." thing, but the NL isn't shocking except for Volquez.

Leave a comment:

• ChiSox1917
    replied
    Webb & Gavin Floyd.

Leave a comment:

• Zagi-CRO
    replied
    We can laugh, the best season's pitchers today are:

Code:
    AL 
                    CYP
    Cliff Lee	7.4	5	0	0.96	32
    Ervin Santana	4.3	6	0	2.02	38
    Zack Greinke	2.0	3	1	1.47	28

NL
                    CYP
    Edinson Volquez	3.4	4	1	1.27	42
    Brandon Webb	3.4	7	0	2.49	37
    Carlos Zambrano	3.4	5	1	1.8	38
    Last edited by Zagi-CRO; 05-07-2008, 07:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by BaseballRookie View Post
    Where's Ervin Santana in this poll? His WHIP is freaking amazing .878, 6-0, 38k's, 2.02 ERA.
    He's a write-in. With so many options this early players do get forgotten. Making a poll this large is easy until you do one.

If the thread creator would like anyone added, just let me know.

Leave a comment:

• BaseballRookie
    replied
    Where's Ervin Santana in this poll? His WHIP is freaking amazing .878, 6-0, 38k's, 2.02 ERA.

Leave a comment:

• Jermz
    replied
    Wow, it's pretty amazing that Peavy still doesn't have any votes. I think that says how tough the competition is in the NL Cy Young race, and also tells you how highly people think of Webb.

I voted for Bedard & Haren...but it was really close between Haren/Peavy.

Leave a comment:

• digglahhh
    replied
    Guys, why argue with Dbacks fan? He gave the criteria you have to use to determine your own vote at the end of his first post...

But, yeah, dude - Wins rule! Everybody knows they'd rather have Aaron Cook than Johan Santana...

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X