X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by OleMissCub View Post
    I keep waiting for the bubble to burst on Volquez, but man, he is looking fantastic lately.

Only problem is......he's managed by Dusty Baker. So the MLB should prepare itself for the young death of another pitching phenom i.e. Mark Prior.
    I'm starting to think that the way the entire team is playing is going to have an effect on Volquez and start a big let down.

Originally posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
    Cliff Lee.

[turning blue]

Pitching Rules in Ohio.

I was just reviewing Volquez's games and he could be 6-0 if it wasn't for some rain in Pittsburgh and a dropped fly ball by Corey Patterson.
    Last edited by redlegsfan21; 05-04-2008, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BoofBonser26
    replied
    Cliff Lee.

[turning blue]

Leave a comment:

• OleMissCub
    replied
    Originally posted by dbacksfan95 View Post
    But Volquez isn't 7-0!!!
    Wins don't mean everything.

23 of the last 50 Cy Young winners DIDN'T lead their league in wins.

Look, I think Webb is going to win it this year, but don't discount someone who IS pitching better just because they have less wins right now.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    But Volquez isn't 7-0!!!

Leave a comment:

• OleMissCub
    replied
    Originally posted by redlegsfan21 View Post
    I saw him Opening Day and I know he is a GREAT GREAT pitcher but Volquez has been just a little better this year. Webb's ERA is about twice as high as Volquez's.
    But Volquez doesn't play for the Dbacks!!!

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    I saw him Opening Day and I know he is a GREAT GREAT pitcher but Volquez has been just a little better this year. Webb's ERA is about twice as high as Volquez's. If you go by record, then Wang is better than Lee this year which would be hard to believe since Lee has a sub-1 ERA compared to Wang's 3 ERA.
    I agree with the Lee>Wang thing but Webb's record is almost twice as high as Volquez's

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    well just watch webb if you don't like his 7-0 record
    you'll see
    I saw him Opening Day and I know he is a GREAT GREAT pitcher but Volquez has been just a little better this year. Webb's ERA is about twice as high as Volquez's. If you go by record, then Wang is better than Lee this year which would be hard to believe since Lee has a sub-1 ERA compared to Wang's 3 ERA.
    Last edited by redlegsfan21; 05-04-2008, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Records are not a good way to judge pitching. Aaron Harang pitches for the same team, has a 2.98 ERA and is 1-4. Not often you see a pitcher in the month of April have a sub-3 ERA and 4 losses. Volquez's one loss was when the Reds scored ZERO runs. Hard to win when your team doesn't score.
    well just watch webb if you don't like his 7-0 record
    you'll see

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Volquez is 4-1
    Webb is 6-0, and by the end of today, he will be 7-0
    Records are not a good way to judge pitching. Aaron Harang pitches for the same team, has a 2.98 ERA and is 1-4. Not often you see a pitcher in the month of April have a sub-3 ERA and 4 losses. Volquez's one loss was when the Reds scored ZERO runs. Hard to win when your team doesn't score.
    Last edited by redlegsfan21; 05-03-2008, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dbacksfan95
    replied
    Well, to make my case more for Edinson Volquez, he has a 1.23 ERA compared to Webb's 1.98 ERA. Webb has 1 more K than Volquez but has pitched 11.2 IP more which isn't really Volquez's fault since he started the season as the #4 starter.

Felix Hernandez has had a pretty good year so far. 2-1 with a 2.22 ERA, leading the AL in Ks with 41 and a 1.23 WHIP.
    Volquez is 4-1
    Webb is 6-0, and by the end of today, he will be 7-0

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by OleMissCub View Post
    I keep waiting for the bubble to burst on Volquez, but man, he is looking fantastic lately.

Only problem is......he's managed by Dusty Baker. So the MLB should prepare itself for the young death of another pitching phenom i.e. Mark Prior.
    What I find amazing is that two players involved in a trade have their photos on this page.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/stats/index.jsp

Leave a comment:

• OleMissCub
    replied

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Little update on Volquez, he now leads the NL in ERA and SO. 4-1, 1.27 ERA, 42 K, 35.1 IP, and a 1.19 WHIP.

Thank you Corey Patterson and the Reds offense for giving your all when this guy is pitching.

Leave a comment:

• Colorado Express
    replied
    AL: Lee
    NL: Webb

Leave a comment:

• bailiff
    replied
    AL.....Sidney Ponson.....lol

NL Brandon Webb

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget