Chase Utley '08 tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase Utley '08 tracker

Utley is insanely hot right now. He leads the NL in HRs with 12. He's three HRs ahead of Pat Burrell and Lance Berkeman. Only one second baseman has ever led the majors in HR (Rogers Hornsby in 1922 and 1925). Only two other second baseman have even led their league in HRs (Bobby Grich 1981, and Ryne Sandberg 1990). So I thought it would be fun to track Utley's season.

12 Utley
    9 Burrell
    9 Burkeman
    8 Quinten
    8 C. Jones
    8 D. Lee
    8 H. Ramirez

Utley's '08 season
    .364/,438/.771, 12 HR, 25 RBI, 27 R, 10 doubles, 13 BB, 19 Ks

Over half of Utley's hits are extra base hits (12 HRs, 10 doubles, 1 triple, 20 singles). Wow.
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 05-04-2008, 10:07 AM.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

I hope he can keep it up cause im a Phillies phan

Comment

Originally posted by Phish View Post
      I hope he can keep it up cause im a Phillies phan
      Gee, I couldn't tell by your screen name.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Just hit #13.
        "Age is a question of mind over matter--if you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
        -Satchel Paige

Comment

May 3, 2008:

13 Utley
          9 Burrell
          9 Burkeman
          8 Quinten
          8 C. Jones
          8 D. Lee
          8 H. Ramirez
          8 Mike Jacobs

Comment

Utley is killing the ball right now.

Comment

even his outs are loud.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

The guy is having one hell of a season so far. He's always been a good hitter, but his HR power is way up, and he's still hitting those doubles and high average.
                His most impressive stat so far IMO is his TB. 96 in 126 AB's. The nearest rival is Chipper Jones on 81.

If he were to continue at that pace and have 600 AB's (not unreasonable considering in 06 he had 658 AB's) he would have 458 total bases, which would be one more than Babe's 87 year old record. Ok he's very unlikely to continue at that pace, but 400 total bases is a good possibility.

Comment

Chase is Chasing! Hopefully he can stay on a hot a streak. He's off to amazing start and the Chasing74 promotion wishes him nothing but the best!
                  ChasingRecords - The Home of NY Sports Talk

sigpic

Comment

Latest Hot Bat ratings.......

1/Berkman
                    2/Chipper
                    3/Utley

Comment

Uggla as well.
                      (fantasy football)
                      JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
                      DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
                      JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Comment

no respect

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                        Utley is insanely hot right now. He leads the NL in HRs with 12. He's three HRs ahead of Pat Burrell and Lance Berkeman. Only one second baseman has ever led the majors in HR (Rogers Hornsby in 1922 and 1925). Only two other second baseman have even led their league in HRs (Bobby Grich 1981, and Ryne Sandberg 1990). So I thought it would be fun to track Utley's season.

12 Utley
                        9 Burrell
                        9 Burkeman
                        8 Quinten
                        8 C. Jones
                        8 D. Lee
                        8 H. Ramirez

Utley's '08 season
                        .364/,438/.771, 12 HR, 25 RBI, 27 R, 10 doubles, 13 BB, 19 Ks

Over half of Utley's hits are extra base hits (12 HRs, 10 doubles, 1 triple, 20 singles). Wow.
                        respectfully, how do you spell Lance Berkman's name wrong two ddifferent ways? And he has passed up Utley for the hottest bat in baseball. He is 3 for 3 again tonight, a triple short of the cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by holyroman View Post
                          respectfully, how do you spell Lance Berkman's name wrong two ddifferent ways? And he has passed up Utley for the hottest bat in baseball. He is 3 for 3 again tonight, a triple short of the cycle.

According to Trent McCotter of the Society for American Baseball Research, since 1957 Berkman and only three other players had gone on a 16-for-20 stretch. The others were Andres Galarraga of the Montreal Expos from June 30 to July 5, 1988; Ellis Burks of the Colorado Rockies from Sept. 9-Sept. 14, 1996 (and also Sept 10-Sept 15); and Todd Walker of the Minnesota Twins from July 21-July 28, 1998.

“Every day it’s something,” manager Cecil Cooper said of Berkman. “For the last 10 days it’s been something happening to him. It’s just been incredible. I don’t know how to explain it. I was never in a streak like that. Never, ever.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...pe=team_report
                          With the 3 outta 4 night that Berkman had yesterday he has to be close to setting some records. Quite the hot streak he has going.

Comment

Berkman's hitting .628 for the last 7 days with 32 TB in 26 AB's!
                            Utley's certainly cooled off a bit, but he's far from slumping.

Comment

Utley HR tracker: June 2nd, 2008

21 Utley
                              17 Berkman
                              16 Hamilton (AL leader)
                              16 Uggla
                              16 Gonzales
                              15 Dunn
                              15 Howard
                              15 Braun
                              Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 06-02-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X