Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geezer
    replied
    As of today, Randy Johnson is 14 shy, and if he wins today, make it 13, and Mike Mussina has a outside shot with 45 away. After that, not much for the next 12-15 years or so for the 300-win mark, but for the 350-win mark, not much for the rest 30-40 years IMO.

Leave a comment:

• nerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    We never have before. I think around 2016-20 we'll see the next 300 game winner. Someone in the Oswalt, Hudson, Zambrano, Sabathia, Buhrle, Peavy, Webb, etc. generation when they are reaching age 40.
    Remember, when Spahn won his 300th game in 1961, it was the first time since Lefty Grove did it in 1941. I doubt there will be twenty years between Glavine and the next guy to win 300.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by otis89 View Post
    To quote Maddux, "Who's Mark Buehrle?"

WTG Maddux! Awesome accomplishment!
    I read a 1991 pre-All Star game interview in which Rickey Henderson said of the NL's starting pitcher, "Who is Tom Glavine?" Funny stuff!

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    We never have before. I think around 2016-20 we'll see the next 300 game winner. Someone in the Oswalt, Hudson, Zambrano, Sabathia, Buhrle, Peavy, Webb, etc. generation when they are reaching age 40.
    To quote Maddux, "Who's Mark Buehrle?"

WTG Maddux! Awesome accomplishment!

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by geezer View Post
    And probably we wont see any much 300-game winners in the future either.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied
    Originally posted by hudsonharden View Post
    Congrats to Maddux, most likely the last pitcher to acheive this feat in the current era of baseball.
    And probably we wont see any much 300-game winners in the future either.

Leave a comment:

• hudsonharden
    replied
    Congrats to Maddux, most likely the last pitcher to acheive this feat in the current era of baseball.

Leave a comment:

• Los Bravos
    replied
    Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
    cardsfanatic: I don't know about all of the Maddux > Clemens talk.

the supposition by many is that maddux did not use.
    i would not wager on that.
    You would be leaving easy money on the table. The only thing Greg Maddux ever injected into himself was Twinkees®

Leave a comment:

• Old Sweater
    replied
    Hats off to Maddux. He pitched as great a game as Biggio had hitting against the Rockies when he got hit #3000 and #3001 and #3002 and #3003

Leave a comment:

• bob
    replied
    Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    If the Cy Young Award's name will be changed, it be changed to the Walter Johnson Award.
    Depends on who renames it. Give the public the vote and it'll be the Nolan Ryan Award.

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    cardsfanatic: I don't know about all of the Maddux > Clemens talk.

the supposition by many is that maddux did not use.
    i would not wager on that.

Leave a comment:

• cardsfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by ReignInBlood View Post
    You could even take out "has 4 great pitchers" and add some batting skills instead, a good hitting pitcher is never bad for a team.
    Unless he's in the AL.

Leave a comment:

• cardsfanatic
    replied
    I don't know about all of the Maddux > Clemens talk. I've always been a bigger Maddux fan than I was of Clemens but I pretty much recognize that Clemens is better than Maddux. Not even sure what the heck a "five tool pitcher" is, heh. Anyway, a great accomplishment indeed.

Leave a comment:

• AlexC
    replied
    Shocking that he actually made an error in this game, very un-Maddux.

What an effort though.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Originally posted by Moses Fleetwood-Walker View Post
    congrats to a legend! Maddux is the man. Rename the CYA to the GMA!!!
    If the Cy Young Award's name will be changed, it be changed to the Walter Johnson Award.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X