Who will be the first manager fired in 2008?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagi-CRO
    • Aug 2006

Who will be the first manager fired in 2008?

After 7 weeks I was thinking about managers who didn't filling out the duties.
    A look at the possible candidates /my list/:

1. Jim Leyland, Tigers
    After being predicted to win the WS, the Tigers have the worst record in the AL!?
    2. Ned Yost, Brewers
    The Brewers have lost 5 in row, 12 of 17. The record 20-24 isn't success.
    3. John McLaren, Mariners
    After Bedard's arrival, the Mariners have only one win more then the Tigers.

What do you think who will be the first manager fired in this season?
    Ron Washington, Texas
    9.59%
    Clint Hurdle, Colorado
    0.00%
    Bruce Bochy, Giants
    4.11%
    John McLaren, Mariners
    21.92%
    Bud Black, Padres
    6.85%
    Jim Leyland, Tigers
    2.74%
    Willie Randolph, Mets
    30.14%
    Ozzie Guilien, Wsox
    5.48%
    Ned Yost, Brewers
    10.96%
    Others
    8.22%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Zagi-CRO; 05-20-2008, 12:06 AM.
    The Voice of Croatia - Glas Hrvatske
  • Mattingly
    Yankee fan & proud of it!
    • Feb 2003

Have two managers from the same city ever been fired on the same day? If not, then history awaits. However, I don't dare say which city, but please take a nice guess.

Impatient owner on the navy and silky white side, and impatient fans on the royal blue and deep orange side of things.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Old Sweater
      Rox 2007 NL Champs
      • Oct 2006

You can take Hurdle off of that list. Go's to the same church as the Monforts.

Last year was suppose to be the bubble year for Hurdle/GM O'Dowd and they was both signed to 3 year extensions 1 or 2 games into the 2007 season. It was the 2nd time this has happened. IMO>>>>>> As long as the Monforts own the Rockies, Hurdle and O'Dowd will have a job no matter how the Rockies do.

Comment

• whoisonit
        yhc
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        Have two managers from the same city ever been fired on the same day? If not, then history awaits.
        Do you honestly think Girardi is on thin ice ? I can't see that, really, no way.
        I have tremendous respect for Cashman sticking to his blue print of building from within and I feel Girardi is the corner stone of that plan.
        This is a transitional year, and next season will be a growing year. Hank's funny and quotable and all, but I don't think he'll become the monsterous beast his father was for another 2 years or so.

Comment

• Zagi-CRO
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
          Have two managers from the same city ever been fired on the same day? If not, then history awaits. However, I don't dare say which city, but please take a nice guess.

Impatient owner on the navy and silky white side, and impatient fans on the royal blue and deep orange side of things.
          And the winner is ... oooops .... city is...? NY?
          The Voice of Croatia - Glas Hrvatske

Comment

• KCGHOST
            • Dec 2003

I don't know who will be the first to be fired, but I wouldn't be shocked if Leyland quit.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

• whoisonit
              yhc
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
              I don't know who will be the first to be fired, but I wouldn't be shocked if Leyland quit.
              LOL. I see I'm not the only one who has no respect for this quitter.
              When the going gets tough ... Leyland gets going.

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                all of the time
                • Feb 2006

McLaren. Though if I had my choice, I'd say Dusty Baker.

Comment

• Old Sweater
                  Rox 2007 NL Champs
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
                  LOL. I see I'm not the only one who has no respect for this quitter.
                  When the going gets tough ... Leyland gets going.

Probably has a new batch of grandkids he wants to spend time with since he up and quit the Rockies when the going got tougher then he could handle.

I've also noticed that a few of the Tiger posters have quit on the baseball boards I go to. Probably be back if the Tigers get hot.

Comment

• YankeeFanUK
                    • May 2008

i would say either Yost or Bud Black ( fathers are a huge dissapointment so far as are the Crew )
                    BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
                    “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

• YankeeFanUK
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
                      Probably has a new batch of grandkids he wants to spend time with since he up and quit the Rockies when the going got tougher then he could handle.

I've also noticed that a few of the Tiger posters have quit on the baseball boards I go to. Probably be back if the Tigers get hot.
                      didnt you know, Detroit is Hockeytown again
                      BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
                      “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

• efin98
                        • May 2005

I'm going with Ron Washington. He's been on the hot seat all year and looks like he's only a meltdown away from being out of the job.

I think Ned Yost will finish out the year. He made mistakes this year but he brought the Brewers their first winning record in 16 years and is not responsible for the Brewers picking up a has-been reliever who blew five games for them.

If they go more than a few games below .500 I think Ozzie Guillen will be given the boot, he can only get on everyone's nerves for so long and the negative publicity will be too much...
                        Best posts ever:
                        Originally posted by nymdan
                        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Jermz
                          Fear Kevin Mitchell
                          • May 2005

Please dump Bochy! I wished we had gotten Bud Black before 2007 started, but we got stuck with Mr. Padre and he brought all his Padre friends with him. Even the hated Orel Hershiser would've been better than Bochy. The only thing that would have been WORSE than him, is if we STILL had Felipe Alou.
                          "Candlestick made me a man" -Will Clark

"Real Giants fans loved them BEFORE and AFTER Barry Bonds came along"

Comment

• NYMets523
                            Retired User
                            • Oct 2006

Willie Randolph. The Mets are accessing the situation in June (11 days from now). On top of the Mets' mediocre, up-and-down playing he's playing the race card, bashing the fans, and bashing SNY (which is owned by the Mets) and other media. Oh yeah, and there was that thing last year...
                            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

• MadHatter
                              Baseball Fanatic
                              • Jan 2006

I'm going with Ron Washington.
                              sigpic
                              Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                              Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X