Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steroid allegations - Who would make you the most upset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroid allegations - Who would make you the most upset?

this isnt a witch hunt thread.. ive thought about this a alot.. ive had these conversations with various friends of mine.. who (if any) would upset and surprise you the most?

my favorite player is Chipper Jones so obviously that would hurt me the most..

Ken Griffey Jr. would hurt as well...

Greg Maddux... i might stop watching baseball for good..

who (other than the obvious) would hurt you the most?

Originally posted by CROM View Post
    this isnt a witch hunt thread.. ive thought about this a alot.. ive had these conversations with various friends of mine.. who (if any) would upset and surprise you the most?

my favorite player is Chipper Jones so obviously that would hurt me the most..

Ken Griffey Jr. would hurt as well...

Greg Maddux... i might stop watching baseball for good..

who (other than the obvious) would hurt you the most?
    I think we've visited this topic before. In this day and age, I wouldn't be upset by anyone's admittance/getting caught. Maddux would surprise me a little bit.

When Wally Joyner admitted to it a few years back, it surprised me. But it also made me realize it is likely far more widespread than many will allow themselves to admit. So, after Joyner, no real surprises.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I understand what you mean about no surprises. I suppose disillusionment , disappointment and cynicism would be more apt. I don't think any player would surprise me anymore. Frankly, everyone who played in this tainted era is open to speculation.

The one player that really gnaws at me, because of his record, is Cal Ripkin. I only wish there was some way for him to prove he didn't.
      ( I know he doesn't have to prove anything, there's never been a hint of anything, bla, bla, bla - just answering the post's question).

Comment

If maddux was found to have taken steroids i think id loose all faith in humanity. Well at least all pitchers.
        Pujols would be another devastating blow.

Comment

At this point in time, all players are suspect, in my opinion.

Comment

I would eat my hat if Ichiro was using steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
              I would eat my hat if Ichiro was using steroids.
              Are you from the 1920's? 'Great Caesar's Ghost'!
              39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
              2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Ichiro is the cat's pajamas!

Comment

I would be upset if Jeff Kent was found to use steroids - IMO he is the most under rated player in the last 15 years.

Comment

Ichiro. Hamilton. Maddux. Pedro. Thome.

That's about it.

Comment

Well, Frank Thomas, too.

Comment

Juan Pierre

Rumor has it his cap size has went up from a 6&1/2 to 6&5/8 so I'm starting to get worried about the Mighty "Juan"

Li'll "O"

Omar the Great is still beating kids out of a starting SS job at age 41 so I'm a little worried there also.

Comment

Manny Ramirez, Jake Peavy, and especially Albert Pujols
                          "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

Jennie Finch.

Actually, Big Papi would bother me even more.
                            "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Arod, Jeter and Mariano.

Arod because everyone wants him to make the home run record clean again, and he's one of my two favorite players.

Jeter because it would just devestate Yankees fans, and provide fodder for Yankee haters forever.

Mariano because he's Mariano. He's the one guy I'm 100% sure has never used. I would be absolutly stunned if he was named.

Scott
                              I told you not to be stupid you moron.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X