No announcement yet.

Funny pic: McGwire and Canseco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clarify: I thought it was funny because, although it is highly unlikely that they were actually talking about steroids in this picture (Canseco is probably scratching himself), most posters here think that they did in fact discuss steroids at some point in their relationship (behind closed doors, men's room in Oakland Colliseum, whatever).

Therefore the picture is funny because it looks like Canseco is demonstrating how to inject oneself. I.e., it is accidental that at the exact moment that Canseco is scratching himself, a picture was snapped that creates the appearance of Canseco demonstrating how to inject oneself. That's pretty funny IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Ed
      To clarify: I thought it was funny because, although it is highly unlikely that they were actually talking about steroids in this picture (Canseco is probably scratching himself), most posters here think that they did in fact discuss steroids at some point in their relationship (behind closed doors, men's room in Oakland Colliseum, whatever).

Therefore the picture is funny because it looks like Canseco is demonstrating how to inject oneself. I.e., it is accidental that at the exact moment that Canseco is scratching himself, a picture was snapped that creates the appearance of Canseco demonstrating how to inject oneself. That's pretty funny IMO.
      I get the point, I think it may have been more effective had you made this a caption thread and lead off with "stick the needle right here. It doesn't hurt so much" then everyone is on the same page. As it is you assumed everyone would see what you saw and that obviously did not happen. Just the same some people have no sense of humor and still would not think it funny.
      I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
        I know! Why does everybody think they do?

Astro, you're not alone. I'm not sure how that picture is funny. You know, you can crack on Big Mac and Canseco before... Actually, cracking on them is no longer funny since people have over-done the jokes on both of them at this point where it's no longer funny.
        Mockery is one of the most effective tools available. These two deserved to be mocked. They made tons of money and have brought shame to a game I love.
        Metal Ed and I must be on the same sheet cause I had the same thought as he when I checked out the pic that he posted.
        Johnny
        Delusion, Life's Coping Mechanism

Comment

Originally posted by jpenrod
          I get the point, I think it may have been more effective had you made this a caption thread and lead off with "stick the needle right here. It doesn't hurt so much" then everyone is on the same page. As it is you assumed everyone would see what you saw and that obviously did not happen. Just the same some people have no sense of humor and still would not think it funny.
          I agree it's funny, but for me it's in a sad, pathetic sort of way.

I guess it all depends on your point of view.
          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
            I don't think it's funny either. I think it's pathetic, not unlike those who either turn a blind a blind eye or think steroids is not an issue.

I agree it's funny, but for me it's in a sad, pathetic sort of way.

I guess it all depends on your point of view.
            Uhhh... and you try and say something about me?

Comment

Are you turning a blind eye?

Do you think steroids is a non issue?

Awnswer those questions and I've answered yours.
              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Are you turning a blind eye?

Do you think steroids is a non issue?

Awnswer those questions and I've answered yours.
                Yea its a problem, a problem without a solution... so no point in worrying about it, just keep improving the testing and catching people... if someone really wants to make sure they can get a competitive advantage through means of cheating, they will be able to... so is life

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Ed
                  When I first saw it, it looked like Canseco was pointing at his arm. Of course, he has his hand on his stomach, so he's probably scratching it, but it almost looks like....well....

"See, right here, Mark. You inject it right here, in your arm."

Funny, eh?

C'mon!
                  For some reason, your plead for people to have a sense of humor is funnier than the picture is to me. As for people's reaction to the picture, you all should lighten up. It feels like the thread is getting a little stuffy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X