Comparing players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing players

Do you guys know of a site that compares players like Bill James does? Sort of like Player A's stats compared to Player B's stats? Not by position, but by player...

Thanks.
    Born to an age where horror has become commonplace, where tragedy has, by its monotonous repetition, become a parody of sorrow, we need to fence off a few parks where humans try to be fair, where skill has some hope of reward, [and] where absurdity has a harder time than usual getting a ticket." -- Thomas Boswell, 1984

The annual Baseball Prospectus has player comps. I'm not sure if you can find it online, but if you like detailed stats and projections, it's a great guide.

Comment

Thanks, Lafferty. I was wanting an excuse to get that book, and now I have one...

I'm looking for a right-handed Carl Crawford. Brandon Phillips?
      Born to an age where horror has become commonplace, where tragedy has, by its monotonous repetition, become a parody of sorrow, we need to fence off a few parks where humans try to be fair, where skill has some hope of reward, [and] where absurdity has a harder time than usual getting a ticket." -- Thomas Boswell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by keystone View Post
        Thanks, Lafferty. I was wanting an excuse to get that book, and now I have one...

I'm looking for a right-handed Carl Crawford. Brandon Phillips?
        Desmond Jennings in the Rays organization could be the next right-handed Crawford. Last year in A ball Jennings his 9 homers, stole 45 bases and hit .315/.401/.465. He's still a couple years away from the bigs though.

Enjoy the book.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X