Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattingly
    replied
    Was the change due in any way to them no longer having the MD, DC, VA, WV states all to themselves, since the Nats are now in DC? I guess this move was meant to make Baltimore distinctive, since the region's baseball fans now have a choice.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
    willisraverchk77: here's a throwback example of the opposite:

do you happen to know the circumstances of these particular jersies being worn?
    oakland used to have 6 or 7 or 8 uni combos back in the day.
    It's their 1968 home jersey, worn as part of their 40th anniversary in Oakland.

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    willisraverchk77: here's a throwback example of the opposite:

do you happen to know the circumstances of these particular jersies being worn?
    oakland used to have 6 or 7 or 8 uni combos back in the day.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Believe it or not, aside from the number, that's EXACTLY how I thought it would look.

Leave a comment:

• Pere
    replied
    I don't understand this thing with the Phillies.

From my point of view, the Phillies have always had their city name on their jerseys; their nickname is their city name. If the guy's birth cert says "Alexander," addressing him as "Al" is still calling him by name.

Leave a comment:

• aureliolopez
    replied
    Ugh. That prototype jersey is very ugly. I would be ashamed to wear that thing in public.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Mystique
    replied
    Now the Blue Jays need to go back to their 1980's uniforms because those current ones are horrible.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoMets687
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    The Phillies have never had "Philadelphia" on their road uniform, as far as I can remember. If they have, they haven't had it on there in decades. All I can think of are "Phillies" or a P on the road uni.
    Found this guy wearing a prototype (from uniwatchblog)

Leave a comment:

• bryanac625
    replied
    Great decision to bring back the city name for the road jersey. This has been a big issue among us Baltimore fans, because it's one of the few things that fans have left in the days of free agency and teams controlled by multi-millionaires. It does say, as well, that the much-hated owner Peter Angelos is LISTENING to Orioles President Andy McPhail.

I would love to see the whole home/road uniform of the '60s come back... the cartoon bird, "Baltimore" on the road uniform, the orange socks with black and white stripes, but I don't expect this will happen. I do think the O's currently have the best uniform they've had ever since I've been a fan (1981).

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/phf-aaep013.jpg
    Last edited by bryanac625; 06-02-2008, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StanTheMan
    replied
    When the Cubs wear their alternate solid Blue unis (and complete the "softball team look") they too have the team name on the road unis instead of "Chicago".

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by willisraverchk77 View Post
    I searched the database going back to 1900, and they have never had "Philadelphia" on their uniforms, although in 1900 they had the abbreviation: "Phila."

Almost every team has had, at some point, their team nickname instead of their city, on their road uniforms including the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, A's, Mets, Braves, Giants, Padres, Royals, Astros, Indians, Twins, etc...
    Very true. Heh.
    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 06-02-2008, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• willisraverchk77
    replied
    And here's a throwback example of the opposite:

Leave a comment:

• willisraverchk77
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    The Phillies have never had "Philadelphia" on their road uniform, as far as I can remember. If they have, they haven't had it on there in decades. All I can think of are "Phillies" or a P on the road uni.
    I searched the database going back to 1900, and they have never had "Philadelphia" on their uniforms, although in 1900 they had the abbreviation: "Phila."

Almost every team has had, at some point, their team nickname instead of their city, on their road uniforms including the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, A's, Mets, Braves, Giants, Padres, Royals, Astros, Indians, Twins, etc...

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
    True. Also there's no confusion as to where the Phillies would play.

Leave a comment:

• Imgran
    replied
    That, and team name and town are close to identical anyway with the Phils.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X