No announcement yet.

Mike Schmidt - Cheater ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you think the only comment that has any truth to it was about the dependance factors of the drug then your pretty ignorant.

In your own statement you say it makes you "feel" more amped, more alert. Thats right you FEEL that way because its stimulating your nervous system. Its raising your heartrate your temperature and your blood pressure. Its all initiated psychologically and all those raised levels of activity in your body might make you "feel" more energized but their putting your body into a very dangerous territory. Amphetamines provide no caloric value so they themselves do not give the player energy, infact they suppress the urge to eat robbing him of future energy resources. So to gain this "energy" your body is stimulated form the central nervous system and begins to burn the body's stored energy. This results in the raised levels of resperatory fuction.
    At rest the higher your heart rate the less work and endurance your going to have. If you have a lower heart rate at rest the more capasity
    for endurance your going to have.
    This is why it killed steve Bechler it rasied his heart rate blood preasue and body temperature to a level that was already very elevated. Couple that with trying to work out at a high level in a very warm environment and it produced the fatal heatstoke that killed him and Corey Stringer. But your probably right, I bet they felt very "peppy" and "energised" till their organs were starting to shut down.
    Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SideWalks Of Ny
      Great post - You'll get no arguements from me.
      Sadly that is not the case for a few people on here

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
        i can rationalize it this way: its not an unfair advantage since they were readily available in clubhouses. If anyone can use them and they are available in a clubhouse, how is it unfair?
        It's unfair because first and foremost, players should obey the law. In this situation, those that are doing the "right thing" by obeying the law are at a disadvantage, thus making it unfair.
        Last edited by MyDogSparty; 03-11-2006, 01:57 PM.
        ?

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero Mad Man 2715
          What happened to Baseball, this is horriffic.
          Nothing that hasn't been going on a long, long time.

Tom House said he used steroids in the 1970's.

Players have been using amphetimines since the 1960's, at least...probably before.

This whole "going to hell in a handbasket talk" always cracks me up.
          Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
            It's important to remember too, that at least when talking about Bonds, it's not just standard steroids vs. Greenies. It's many forms that were stacked. He was truly supercharged.
            Taking multiple types of steroids at the same time wouldnt benefit a baseball player at all. It would cause them serious injury problems, and it would hinder their performance. When using the drug you use it in moderation, if bonds was taking steroids in stacks at the sametime as the book says, he would of been out of baseball years ago and Either in the sameboat caminiti or azado were in.

Just taking one steroid ALONE poses a serious health risk, this article right here sums it up.

http://www.mdadvice.com/library/ped/pedillsymp598.html

" The consensus among medical experts is that the use of anabolic steroids by both males and females poses greater risk and danger from adverse effects than is justified by any possible benefit. Physicians uniformly advise against using them. Their use is condemned by the Medical Commission of the International Olympic Committee. "

Comment

As for greenies, they obviously help, just like steroids, if the drug didnt help players wouldn't risk their lives to take the drug if it didnt provide any benefits, including the placebo effect.

http://www.hbo.com/costasnow/episode....01.story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/28/sp...7ee7ac&ei=5070

These two articles right here sums it up about greenies effect on baseball. There are many baseball players who speculate that the effects of no amphetamines in baseball will DWARF the effects of no steroids in baseball.

Comment

Taking multiple types of steroids at the same time wouldnt benefit a baseball player at all. It would cause them serious injury problems, and it would hinder their performance. When using the drug you use it in moderation, if bonds was taking steroids in stacks at the sametime as the book says, he would of been out of baseball years ago and Either in the sameboat caminiti or azado were in.
                "
                How so. There are body builders and some wrestlers that have said, acknowledged that they have taken steroids for years and they're still alive. Of course at times steroids can do some serious damege, even kill but to say that Bonds could not have done what some have said he did or he would be out of the game, not buying that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3
                  How so. There are body builders and some wrestlers that have said, acknowledged that they have taken steroids for years and they're still alive. Of course at times steroids can do some serious damege, even kill but to say that Bonds could not have done what some have said he did or he would be out of the game, not buying that one.
                  I have no idea what bodybuilders you are referring to, or wrestlers. But anyway, body building and wrestling are entirely different from baseball, and wrestling is fake anyway, especially WWE.

Bonds has been accused of taking multiple steroids AT THE SAMETIME, cow steroids, winstrol, etc, winstrol alone is an incredibly strong and dangerous steroid, to mix it with cow steroids ( which I dont see how it would benefit an athlete at all) is assinine, and would only hinder performance. It's possible ( and more likely) that bonds used multiple steroids but in moderation, at different times. The book specifies that bonds started to become a " professional " at using steroids, if this is true, he wouldnt have used multiple types of harmful drugs at the sametime. Giambi had this problem, and canseco even pointed it out. He pointed out that he looked bloated, and had a wierd shaped body, and what happens later is giambi would face multiple health problems, including problems that would threaten his life.And the thing is, I dont think giambi was using anywhere near the amount of steroids at the sametime as book states bonds did.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in673138.shtml

Comment

Here's a flaw I found In this book written about bonds, read this article.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sbbw5215.htm

" Yet his workout regimen, supervised by personal trainer Raymond Farriss, who also trains former NFL running back Roger Craig and all-world wide receiver Jerry Rice, suggests he might be.

In four months, Bonds lowered his body fat to 8% from 12%, and is bench-pressing 315 pounds, up from 230. There were sprints to be run, and run, and run. He looks more muscular, more defined, more powerful. His biceps stretch his jersey's sleeves to the limit.

''I thought I was in great shape the way I worked out before because I was putting up the numbers I did,'' Bonds says in the clubhouse, ''but I was out of shape. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it and I'm happy with the results, but it doesn't guarantee success. I don't care how many weights you lift - you can lift until you're blue in the face - it doesn't guarantee success. "

That is well before the authors of the book claim that Bonds lowered his body fat to 8% or when he allegedly began using anabolics.

Comment

Just taking one steroid ALONE poses a serious health risk, this article right here sums it up.

http://www.mdadvice.com/library/ped/pedillsymp598.html

" The consensus among medical experts is that the use of anabolic steroids by both males and females poses greater risk and danger from adverse effects than is justified by any possible benefit. Physicians uniformly advise against using them. Their use is condemned by the Medical Commission of the International Olympic Committee. "
                      Steroids are indeed dangerous and nobody is denying that.

The term "stacking" came about because people do it, and it is effective. Sure, if you just blindly stack various forms without the proper advice on how much to take and how long to take it, then it's VERY dangerous. Bonds was getting the proper advice. He had some of the most knowledgable people around regarding the use of that stuff. When it's done properly, "stacking" is very beneficial. Not sure how you can say it isn't.

Comment

The term "stacking" came about because people do it, and it is effective. Sure, if you just blindly stack various forms without the proper advice on how much to take and how long to take it, then it's VERY dangerous. Bonds was getting the proper advice. He had some of the most knowledgable people around regarding the use of that stuff. When it's done properly, "stacking" is very beneficial. Not sure how you can say it isn't.
                        Bro, don't even bother. We are fighting a losing battle trying to explain to these guys how it is, when they really don't "want" to know how it is. They will read every post we write with glasses on that have "media filters" built in.

Comment

Originally posted by ESPNFan
                          Well if you think the only comment that has any truth to it was about the dependance factors of the drug then your pretty ignorant.

In your own statement you say it makes you "feel" more amped, more alert. Thats right you FEEL that way because its stimulating your nervous system. Its raising your heartrate your temperature and your blood pressure. Its all initiated psychologically and all those raised levels of activity in your body might make you "feel" more energized but their putting your body into a very dangerous territory. Amphetamines provide no caloric value so they themselves do not give the player energy, infact they suppress the urge to eat robbing him of future energy resources. So to gain this "energy" your body is stimulated form the central nervous system and begins to burn the body's stored energy. This results in the raised levels of resperatory fuction.
                          At rest the higher your heart rate the less work and endurance your going to have. If you have a lower heart rate at rest the more capasity
                          for endurance your going to have.
                          Have you ever taken a real "greenie" from Mexico?
                          This is why it killed steve Bechler it rasied his heart rate blood preasue and body temperature to a level that was already very elevated. Couple that with trying to work out at a high level in a very warm environment and it produced the fatal heatstoke that killed him and Corey Stringer. But your probably right, I bet they felt very "peppy" and "energised" till their organs were starting to shut down.
                          So why is it that MILLIONS of people used ephedra the right way and had ZERO problems. But the 2 guys you mention here, that had no clue how to take it, are the ones that died? You tell me?

Comment

Taking multiple types of steroids at the same time wouldnt benefit a baseball player at all. It would cause them serious injury problems, and it would hinder their performance.
                            Oh, is this so? And you have experience stacking steroids while playing baseball?

When using the drug you use it in moderation, if bonds was taking steroids in stacks at the sametime as the book says, he would of been out of baseball years ago and Either in the sameboat caminiti or azado were in.
                            Please stop. You are spewing garbage from your mouth that you have no clue about. You only know what the media has told you about theses guy's lives.

Comment

And the thing is, I dont think giambi was using anywhere near the amount of steroids at the sametime as book states bonds did.
                              This is the key word that should be noted to all your posts.

Comment

I know what the term stacking is, I've known people who've stacked steroids before. I've even talked to them about what the book states bonds was taking, and how much, ALL of them said it was completly ridiculous, and that if it were true, he had no idea what he was doing. The book claims bonds stacked winstrol ( a very strong steroid itself, could easily be used alone), with cow steroids, steroids for females, HGH, and he was popping TWENTY pills at the sametime, good god, if this were true, how he's not dead yet is beyond me. The book specifically points out that bonds became such an " expert " at it, that he would control his own regimens and dosages, So if he was taking 20 pills under anderson's care, imagine on his own....

I just dont believe it, it could possibly be true, and if it is, he's a complete idiot and a drug addict, but given his recent performance and his health, I dont believe he was stacking up on various steroids at the sametime as the book states. I believe he used them, lots of them, but in moderation to achieve the best results. This guy is a health nut for crying out loud, I highly doubt he would endanger himself by taking multiple steroids in huge dosages at the sametime.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X