Mike Schmidt - Cheater ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hiddengem
    Oh, is this so? And you have experience stacking steroids while playing baseball?

Well, I play baseball, but I dont take steroids, though I know athletes who take book steroids and greenies, and benefit from them both when properly used.

Please stop. You are spewing garbage from your mouth that you have no clue about. You only know what the media has told you about theses guy's lives.
    The media doesnt say anything remotely close to what I'm saying, Infact the complete opposite. Some of what I'm saying is an opinion, a lot is from what I've read and heard.

Tom house had stacked multiple steroids at the sametime during his pitching career, and said it only caused him problems. Granted, He wasnt working with the best guy's like bonds was, but he also ( according to him atleast) wasnt using as many steroids as the book states bonds did.

From the article - " I pretty much popped everything cold turkey," House said. "We were doing steroids they wouldn't give to horses. That was the '60s, when nobody knew. The good thing is, we know now. There's a lot more research and understanding."

" House said he gained almost 30 pounds while using steroids, blaming the extra weight for contributing to knee problems. He said the drugs helped improve recovery time and conditioning but did not add velocity to his fastball.

"I tried everything known to man to improve my fastball, and it still didn't go faster than 82 miles per hour," House said. "I was a failed experiment."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2052364

Comment

Originally posted by SideWalks Of Ny
      I know what the term stacking is, I've known people who've stacked steroids before. I've even talked to them about what the book states bonds was taking, and how much, ALL of them said it was completly ridiculous, and that if it were true, he had no idea what he was doing. The book claims bonds stacked winstrol ( a very strong steroid itself, could easily be used alone), with cow steroids, steroids for females, HGH, and he was popping TWENTY pills at the sametime, good god, if this were true, how he's not dead yet is beyond me. The book specifically points out that bonds became such an " expert " at it, that he would control his own regimens and dosages, So if he was taking 20 pills under anderson's care, imagine on his own....

I just dont believe it, it could possibly be true, and if it is, he's a complete idiot and a drug addict, but given his recent performance and his health, I dont believe he was stacking up on various steroids at the sametime as the book states. I believe he used them, lots of them, but in moderation to achieve the best results. This guy is a health nut for crying out loud, I highly doubt he would endanger himself by taking multiple steroids in huge dosages at the sametime.
      How addictive are steroids. How psychologically dependent do you become on them, when you see the type of results he was seeing. When you become superhuman, the thought of not being that way anymore, has to drive you to either continue to do it, or to do even more. Maybe I'm wrong, you tell me.

Comment

I know what the term stacking is, I've known people who've stacked steroids before.
        Oh wait, you said that a baseball player that stacked steroids would hinder their performance.

The book claims bonds stacked winstrol ( a very strong steroid itself, could easily be used alone)
        Could you explain to me the beniftes of using Winstrol alone? What properties does Winstrol have?

with cow steroids
        And what might these be? Just trying to get an understanding of your level of knowledge on the subject.

steroids for females
        Oh, you mean Clomid, the drug that is used by males to combat estrogen?

and he was popping TWENTY pills at the sametime
        And your point? I take 20 pills a day,most at the same time. Been doing it for years. I'm doing just fine.

I just dont believe it
        Great, lets just leave it that way.

Comment

The point of stacking isn't necessarily to keep adding more and more and more muscle. The point of stacking is to decrease the side effects of one steroid with another. When you give yourself high doses of testosterone, your body gets fooled into thinking that it doesn't have to produce as much as it naturally does. For some reason, estrogen levels increase and guys can grow boobs and crap, so then Clomid is taken. HGH increases bone mass, which helps your body deal with the added weight being put on. Bonds' frame wasn't meant to be 240 plain and simple. All the drugs serve a specific purpose. He wasn't blindly taking stuff just to take it. The whole mix ends up being a well oiled machine in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
            The point of stacking isn't necessarily to keep adding more and more and more muscle. The point of stacking is to decrease the side effects of one steroid with another. When you give yourself high doses of testosterone, your body gets fooled into thinking that it doesn't have to produce as much as it naturally does. For some reason, estrogen levels increase and guys can grow boobs and crap, so then Clomid is taken. They all serve a specific purpose, and Bonds' guys understood this. They had the knowledge. He wasn't blindly taking stuff just to take it. The whole mix ends up being a well oiled machine in the end.
            This is true, but the main reason a player stacks steroids, is because they all have different properities and do different things. And yes at the end of a cycle, clomid is taken to fight estrogen build up until the body starts producing test on its own again. This also, helps the athelte to keep more of the gains he's made.

Comment

This is true, but the main reason a player stacks steroids, is because they all have different properities and do different things. And yes at the end of a cycle, clomid is taken to fight estrogen build up until the body starts producing test on its own again. This also, helps the athelte to keep more of the gains he's made.
              You're right. I probably worded that wrong when I said they were taken to decrease side effects of the others. They do all serve their own purpose, you're right, usually those purposes compliment eachother very nicely. Such with the HGH and the Clomid. Why the cattle roid though HG, what do you know about that. All I've heard is that it improves the quality of muscle in cattle. Does it have something to do with the fibers in the muscle? Or do you know?

Comment

Oh wait, you said that a baseball player that stacked steroids would hinder their performance.

Could you explain to me the beniftes of using Winstrol alone? What properties does Winstrol have?

And what might these be? Just trying to get an understanding of your level of knowledge on the subject.

Oh, you mean Clomid, the drug that is used by males to combat estrogen?

And your point? I take 20 pills a day,most at the same time. Been doing it for years. I'm doing just fine.

Great, lets just leave it that way.
                I'm sure how to quote eachstatement one by one, So I'll respond to them all one by one.

1.) Yes, that's exactly what I said, see tom house.

2.) I believe winstrol is used to lose fat while retaining lean body mass. It's very potent and strong.

3.) Beats me, I dont even know what horse steroids are, which is what house used.

4.) Guess so.

5.) 20 tablets of Stanozolol ?

Comment

[QUOTE=SideWalks Of Ny] Some of what I'm saying is an opinion, a lot is from what I've read and heard.

Exactly my point.
                  Tom house had stacked multiple steroids at the sametime during his pitching career, and said it only caused him problems. Granted, He wasnt working with the best guy's like bonds was, but he also ( according to him atleast) wasnt using as many steroids as the book states bonds did
                  I know Tom, have worked out with him, and he will tell you flat out, that he had no clue what he was doing.
                  The good thing is, we know now. There's a lot more research and understanding."
                  Interesting.

" House said he gained almost 30 pounds while using steroids, blaming the extra weight for contributing to knee problems. He said the drugs helped improve recovery time and conditioning but did not add velocity to his fastball.
                  Like he said, "he took things cold turkey" he no idea what he was taking or what any of them were used for. No wonder he had so many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
                    You're right. I probably worded that wrong when I said they were taken to decrease side effects of the others. They do all serve their own purpose, you're right, usually those purposes compliment eachother very nicely. Such with the HGH and the Clomid. Why the cattle roid though HG, what do you know about that. All I've heard is that it improves the quality of muscle in cattle. Does it have something to do with the fibers in the muscle? Or do you know?
                    HGH is used for the ligament benefits that most players use it in combination with steroids because it will prevent the ligament and connective tissue injuries as well as failure thats associated with Anabolic Steroid use.

Comment

[QUOTE=hiddengem]
                      Some of what I'm saying is an opinion, a lot is from what I've read and heard.

Exactly my point.

I know Tom, have worked out with him, and he will tell you flat out, that he had no clue what he was doing.

Interesting.

Like he said, "he took things cold turkey" he no idea what he was taking or what any of them were used for. No wonder he had so many problems.
                      I agree with all of this, As I said before It's a pale comparison to bonds stacking because bonds most likely knew more about it, and what to do, still from what the book states, and from what i've read, if he took all of those steroids at the sametime, I cant see how he would of avoided injuries or even death.

BTW, Interesting that you knew house, is his original statement about steroids being rampant in the 60's and 70's true ?

Comment

Guys,
                        I think getting lost in this are the key words in Schmidt's statement: "bit on a couple of times" ... as a twenty-something. That would put him back in the '70s. And it was no secret that the Phillies' clubhouse had them in abundance in that era. But any diehard Phillies fan could, most likely, could guess the players who were on them.

If videos were available for review for games throughout his career, people who watched him every game could put big money on picking those couple of games out (he'd be more "peppy" in those, actually very un-Schmidt-like).

Philly probably gave him the biggest cheers those couple of games he was "pepped up". He made everything he did look so cool & easy that that's why he got booed so bad ("too laid back").

Just for laughs, I would pay good money to watch those couple of games with Schmidt on greenies
                        Now I can better imagine Bob Newhart on crack for a couple of shows! LOL.

Not to defend the habitual users of the drugs mentioned. But in Schmidt's case -- Heck, who hasn't tried pot when they were at that age & everyone was shoving it in your face? (His greenies, equivalent to our pot, as far as the respective situations/peer pressure).
                        Last edited by FrenchyLefebvre; 03-11-2006, 07:11 PM.

Comment

1.) Yes, that's exactly what I said, see tom house.
                          Great example This guy admitted he had no clue what he was doing, and you want to use him?
                          2.) I believe winstrol is used to lose fat while retaining lean body mass. It's very potent and strong.
                          The first part is true, and its used to gain speed and quickness. Sprinters love the stuff. Combine that with something to gain some size and strength, watch out.

3.) Beats me, I dont even know what horse steroids are, which is what house used.
                          Ok, so now do you understand why I thought your comments were rediculous and uneducated at best?

5.) 20 tablets of Stanozolol ?
                          You said Pills, nothing about Stanozolol(winstrol) And nobody takes 20 pills of Winny at the same time. Unless each tablet is of very low Mg's.

Comment

[QUOTE=SideWalks Of Ny]

BTW, Interesting that you knew house, is his original statement about steroids being rampant in the 60's and 70's true ?
                            I'm sure..but not to the extent it became.

Comment

HGH is used for the ligament benefits that most players use it in combination with steroids because it will prevent the ligament and connective tissue injuries as well as failure thats associated with Anabolic Steroid use.
                              And it also increases bone mass/density

Comment

Great example This guy admitted he had no clue what he was doing, and you want to use him?

The first part is true, and its used to gain speed and quickness. Sprinters love the stuff. Combine that with something to gain some size and strength, watch out.

Ok, so now do you understand why I thought your comments were rediculous and uneducated at best?

You said Pills, nothing about Stanozolol(winstrol) And nobody takes 20 pills of Winny at the same time. Unless each tablet is of very low Mg's.
                                1.) I already said it was a pale comparison, though I dont think he was taking anywhere near the amount bonds has possibly taken.

2.) Here's a good article on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winstrol

3.) Uneducated at best ? Geez, I wouldnt say that, I know people who use the drugs, and benefit from them, and I've never seen any of them say or use the gigantic amount bonds might of used, and the combination taken at the sametime.

4.) Well, I read steroid pills, So I would assume possibly winstrol, who knows.

" According to the book, Bonds gulped as many as 20 pills at a time and was so deeply reliant on his regimen that he ordered Anderson to start "cycles" -- a prescribed period of steroid use lasting about three weeks -- even when he was not due to begin one. "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X