X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by west coast orange and black
    hiddengem: I've spoke to Dr.s that say a Cycle of steroids at the prescribed dosage is like lubing your car once a year ... Roids are a process...

many athletes have been on steroid programs for upwards of 15 years without experiencing any negative effects. when it comes to steroids, it is all about maintaining limits, staying within boundaries.

Hmm...very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by CrimeInTheCards
    I mean if baseball players are saying greenies have had a huge impact on baseball, what more proof do you really need ?
    None at all.

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by digglahhh
    So, if greenie don't REALLY CHANGE anything, just alter your perception of how you feel about yourself and interpret stimuli and that makes them, okay, I assume you wouldn't mind at all if you found out your daughter's boyfriend took LSD or smoked PCP on a regular basis. After if all, it doesn't really affect him, he just thinks it does...
    Pure Genious...outsanding.

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3
    Where will it all end .
    First it was Barry did not use steroids all rumors unproven.

Now we have the truth, so now it's "so what."
    What about all the other cheaters.
    What about greenies.
    Gaylord Perry.
    Corked bats

Well what about all that, Barry used steroids and now he takes that cloud with him, thats the story. The spotlight is on him, because he is rewriting the record book, not because we don't like him, not because he's black. The others are no better but he is the guy with the numbers, can we cut the nonsense and face the facts.

Yea, I'm quite positive we could find others in the record books that have cheated. Maybe Barry was a better cheater. Why ostrasize him becasue of it?

Leave a comment:

• CrimeInTheCards
    replied
    Originally posted by hiddengem
    Most of the folks on here are speaking based on pure speculation rather than real life experience. You and I understand what they do because we deal with them daily.
    I agree, But it should be pretty obvious that greenies enhance athletic performance, only an apologist would be blind to this fact. It's been used by the majority of athletes for years, and it always works, especially in physical sports. I mean if baseball players are saying greenies have had a huge impact on baseball, what more proof do you really need ?

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    hiddengem: I've spoke to Dr.s that say a Cycle of steroids at the prescribed dosage is like lubing your car once a year ... Roids are a process...

many athletes have been on steroid programs for upwards of 15 years without experiencing any negative effects. when it comes to steroids, it is all about maintaining limits, staying within boundaries.

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    hiddengem: There is a reason why our union fought so hard to have a lesser policy against greenies than roids.

ding-ding-ding!

Leave a comment:

• digglahhh
    replied
    The spotlight is on him, because he is rewriting the record book, not because we don't like him, not because he's black. The others are no better but he is the guy with the numbers, can we cut the nonsense and face the facts.
    This is what I've been saying since the beginning- Great post!

Let's get off our moral high horses here and admit that we are anrgy that this man is breaking some of the most revered records in sports.

We can debate to what degrees different acts are cheating, but one this is clear, we have never seen outrage like this and the record book is the reason why. Let's not delude ourselves about our reverence of fair play, because the history of our reactions to previous indiscretions don't substantiate the claims we are making now.

Leave a comment:

• digglahhh
    replied
    So, if greenie don't REALLY CHANGE anything, just alter your perception of how you feel about yourself and interpret stimuli and that makes them, okay, I assume you wouldn't mind at all if you found out your daughter's boyfriend took LSD or smoked PCP on a regular basis. After if all, it doesn't really affect him, he just thinks it does...

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    The others are no better but he is the guy with the numbers, can we cut the nonsense and face the facts.
    You know what they say Joe, the best defense, is a good offense. They know what's up.

I can respect those that bring up the greenie issue, as long as it's clear they understand the difference in levels of benefit. One doesn't excuse the other, but we can't paint all forms of cheating with one broad stroke. Barry is what matters because he's going after a record. A record that he would not be going after if his abuse only extended to greenie use.

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    Where will it all end .
    First it was Barry did not use steroids all rumors unproven.

Now we have the truth, so now it's "so what."
    What about all the other cheaters.
    What about greenies.
    Gaylord Perry.
    Corked bats

Well what about all that, Barry used steroids and now he takes that cloud with him, thats the story. The spotlight is on him, because he is rewriting the record book, not because we don't like him, not because he's black. The others are no better but he is the guy with the numbers, can we cut the nonsense and face the facts.

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by CrimeInTheCards
    I agree with your post about a pitcher increasing the velocity of his fastball while using greenies - I knew a guy who went from 86mph-89mph because of greenies.

As a hockey player myself, They enable me to perform better, and longer, without them I don't produce nearly as much as I do when taking them. Anybody who isnt an apologist should know the impact greenies has on an athletes performance, pure and simple.
    Most of the folks on here are speaking based on pure speculation rather than real life experience. You and I understand what they do because we deal with them daily.

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    I don't doubt that more would use greenies, simply because they fear the health hazards of steroids more. Makes sense to me. Both can do harm but lets face the facts, steroids are scarrier to most.

I've spoke to Dr.s that say a Cycle of steroids at the prescribed dosage is like lubing your car once a year.

Greenies give you instant feeback, while Roids are taken over a period of 3-8 weeks depending on your cycle. Roids are a process where Greenies are not.

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Are you trying to get across the point that they fought so hard because they did not want to be put in a position where they might be in trouble if they did use them.They wanted to hang on to their greenies, is that your point.
    Yes

I don't think most would disagree wth your point, greenies can give one a boost, steroids can add muscle and strength.
    I agree.

Leave a comment:

• CrimeInTheCards
    replied
    Originally posted by hiddengem
    The same guy humped up many times in his career and hit 91. Why was that nights "hump" any different?

Well I "heard" it straight from Mike's mouth. He said nothing about being afraid of it. He simply said if he thought his competition was gaining an edge over him because of them, he would have considered them. He didn't think they were, so he didn't seek them out.

I agree with your post about a pitcher increasing the velocity of his fastball while using greenies - I knew a guy who went from 86mph-89mph because of greenies.

As a hockey player myself, They enable me to perform better, and longer, without them I don't produce nearly as much as I do when taking them. Anybody who isnt an apologist should know the impact greenies has on an athletes performance, pure and simple.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X