• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake83
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly
    *PUNCHES THE WALL ... HARD*

Yeah, and Jeff Weaver finally turned decent when used in a decent park. Meanwhile, Kevin ... he gave up a longball to Johnny Damon, but nobody in their right mind would take him off our hand.

*thinks of evil Yankee fan way to get back at this LA type getting on Yankee pitching*

Another former Dodger and member of the trade helped the Red Sox gain a Game 7.......Paul Quantrill

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by Gashouse6
    I can't believe Griffey struck out there. There were really 5 balls and 1 strike in that at bat. He struck out on a pitch at his shoulders.
    Welcome to the world of pressure leading to over-aggressiveness, leading to swinging at a pitch neck-high. Something the world of stats can't show us That was for you UBI.

ps. He tagged up.

Leave a comment:

• efin98
    replied
    The difference between the runner "tagging up" and the runner "leaving early" was way too small for it to be clear either way, even slowed down frame by frame. Even if replay was available it would be inconclusive. The call would have stood. The guy was out.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by Gashouse6
    I can't believe Griffey struck out there. There were really 5 balls and 1 strike in that at bat. He struck out on a pitch at his shoulders.
    Which inning? Looking or swinging? How many men on, how many outs?

Leave a comment:

• Gashouse6
    replied

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    Mattingly: So that controversial out at home ended the inning?

"Dude, that guy tagged up."

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout805
    yeah, I'm drooling over that Mexico-Korea matchup
    The Ghost of Fernando Valenzuela will come back to haunt you for that one!

Fernando Mania still lives!

Last edited by Mattingly; 03-13-2006, 08:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake83
    How did we ever trade Kevin Brown to New York. What was Evans thinking.
    *PUNCHES THE WALL ... HARD*

Yeah, and Jeff Weaver finally turned decent when used in a decent park. Meanwhile, Kevin ... he gave up a longball to Johnny Damon, but nobody in their right mind would take him off our hand.

*thinks of evil Yankee fan way to get back at this LA type getting on Yankee pitching*

Leave a comment:

• jalbright
    replied
    Originally posted by giantsalltheway16
    I agree that, yes, the runner was clearly on the base when Randy Winn caught the fly ball in the top of the eighth. What is the chance of error on the part of the video controller, though? I mean, I think it would be pretty easy to accidentally put the video from one camera a split-second behind the video from the other camera, hence it looking like the umps got it wrong when they very well could have been right. Just a thought.
    I think that these days, the alignment of those shots is all handled by computer in the video control room, so absent a programming error, the likelihood of that is basically nil.

Jim Albright

Leave a comment:

• Dravecky43
    replied
    I agree that, yes, the runner was clearly on the base when Randy Winn caught the fly ball in the top of the eighth. What is the chance of error on the part of the video controller, though? I mean, I think it would be pretty easy to accidentally put the video from one camera a split-second behind the video from the other camera, hence it looking like the umps got it wrong when they very well could have been right. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Blackout
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake83
    That game is just the opening act for the bigger matchup this evening
    yeah, I'm drooling over that Mexico-Korea matchup

Leave a comment:

• Blackout
    replied
    Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
    Do you think Japanese players in general are more well rounded? More fundamentals, hustle, respect for the game, less ego, etc?

ps. not a loaded or angled question, just wondering your opinion.
    yes, thats exactly what I was thinking actually. They didnt even take the field after the 8th inning until Sadaharu Oh told them to

they seem to play small ball better than we do too, we live and die off home runs it seems

Leave a comment:

• Jake83
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly
    *BONK!*

Now where did these LA types coming off gettin' on the case of Yankee pitching?

How did we ever trade Kevin Brown to New York. What was Evans thinking.

Leave a comment:

• TonyK
    replied
    Thanks Mattingly. It would be nice to tune in to a game from one of these countries and see future MLers.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyK
    I wonder if you can subscribe to Japanese League games? Does any other country even have professional leagues?
    Visit the International forum. Japan, Taiwan, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Korea, Venezuela all have pro leagues.

At least full-time leagues, since I'm not sure how the Cuban players would be defined as, per the politics over there.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X