YOU Explain the Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOU Explain the Difference

Player X gets a prescription for Growth Hormone and injects it.

Player Y takes 2000 mg of arginine and ornithine, two amino acids that occur in protein containing foods. Arginine and ornithine stimulate the pituitary gland to produce growth hormone.

The production of growth hormone helps to convert fat to muscle, increases the efficiency with which cells (mitochondria) release energy, and produces a feeling of well being.

Why is the method Player X uses frowned upon while the method Player Y uses acceptable?
    Baseball articles you might not like but should read.

I give up...tell us
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

is the prescription a valid, proper prescription?
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

The key word there is method, Tony.

There's no difference..That's his point, I think.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

yeah, i saw that word, but must first get an answer to the legality of the prescription before i answer.
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by LouGehrig

Player Y takes 2000 mg of arginine and ornithine, two amino acids that occur in protein containing foods. Arginine and ornithine stimulate the pituitary gland to produce growth hormone.

The production of growth hormone helps to convert fat to muscle, increases the efficiency with which cells (mitochondria) release energy, and produces a feeling of well being.

Why is the method Player X uses frowned upon while the method Player Y uses acceptable?
            Introducing your body to HGH in large amounts, fools your body into thinking it doesn't need to produce as much anymore. You're essentially replacing your current growth hormone, with huge amounts of the Ferrari of growth hormones.

In the second example, those amino acids that are simply stimulating what is already being produced. Much the same way Nyquil might "stimulate" whatever chemical we release in our heads, in order to go to sleep.

Is that the right answer Mr. Barker?

Comment

I highly doubt that amino acids would even come close to duplicating anything that HGH does. As a matter of fact, I believe amino acids are one tiny step above a placebo pills and vitamins.

Comment

Its a nice theoretical but practically I don't think it works. Arginine was one of the substances that Bonds was supposed to be taking at BALCO under his "Legitimate" and obviously illusionary suppliment regiment. But instead he went for the straight HGH behind the sences. If the Arginine was that effective why go for the HGH? But I see the point your trying to make.

I honestly look at these things like Creatine which is thought by some to be a borderline PED. Yeah its a naturally available substance but you would never be able to injest enough meat chicken etc to get what you can in a concentrated suppliment form. Its basicly a grey area as to not only if these things do anything significant or if taking them in forms this concentrated is infact a shortcut to gaining an unfair advantage.
                Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

Anybody remember that infomercial with the Juiceman where he holds up like 37 honeydews and is like you can get all the nutrients in 37 melons by drinking this one glass of juice. That's like how I feel about creatine...but in a bad way. Juice is cool.
                  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

Originally posted by digglahhh
                    Anybody remember that infomercial with the Juiceman where he holds up like 37 honeydews and is like you can get all the nutrients in 37 melons by drinking this one glass of juice. That's like how I feel about creatine...but in a bad way. Juice is cool.
                    lol, yeah man. That guys eyebrows are out of control. Is he dead yet? Heck, maybe we should all start slamming carrots in our pieholes

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
                      lol, yeah man. That guys eyebrows are out of control. Is he dead yet? Heck, maybe we should all start slamming carrots in our pieholes
                      would have loved for the Juice Man to go at it mano a mano or juicer a juicer with Jack LaLaine.
                      Johnny
                      Delusion, Life's Coping Mechanism

Comment

Originally posted by johnny
                        would have loved for the Juice Man to go at it mano a mano or juicer a juicer with Jack LaLaine.
                        lol, that's not a bad idea. Senior citizen UFC. Think you're on to something there. One sponsor right off the bat could be that polygrip stuff for your dentures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
                          lol, that's not a bad idea. Senior citizen UFC. Think you're on to something there. One sponsor right off the bat could be that polygrip stuff for your dentures.
                          and Depends for the other end.
                          Johnny
                          Delusion, Life's Coping Mechanism

Comment

Merchant X sells alcohol and tobacco
                            Merchant Y sells amphetamines and speed

Why is merchant X legitimate while merchant Y is not?
                            Because there are laws concerning certain things that deem them legitimate or not. The scope is the same: make money. Some choose to do so in one way. some in another....
                            "I know One Thing, That I Know Nothing" - - - Socrates

Comment

I'm pretty sure its physically impossible to turn fat to muscle. Fat cells are fat cells and muscle cells are muscle cells. There's no way to convert them.
                              Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X