No announcement yet.

Thank You A-Rod, Damon, Jeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, star players are more likely to make risky dives for balls in a game that means something (WBC) than a spring training game

usually in spring training games, the guys making Web Gems on baseball tonight are the same guys just trying to make the team

Comment

Originally posted by blackout805
      yeah, star players are more likely to make risky dives for balls in a game that means something (WBC) than a spring training game

usually in spring training games, the guys making Web Gems on baseball tonight are the same guys just trying to make the team
      For that case, guys who are spring invitees or AAA guys being considered for September, they have to make efforts in order to impress the coaches and scouts. For a vet like Randy Johnson, if he has a poor start, he's still pencilled in for Opening Day, so he can take his time getting up to speed.

Guys like Jeter, Damon and A-Rod, I don't think they'd need to impress that much in ST, since people are already familiar with what they can accomplish.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

The way i see it is that I rather miss part of the 06 season while playing for my country then boring myself in spring training as i try to concentrate with the pitchers jogging on the warning track.I would consider it an honor to take one for Team USA.

Comment

Originally posted by kckid2599
          The way i see it is that I rather miss part of the 06 season while playing for my country then boring myself in spring training as i try to concentrate with the pitchers jogging on the warning track.I would consider it an honor to take one for Team USA.
          But that's easy for you to say, because you're not the one paying these guys tens of millions of dollars to "bore themselves in spring training".

Comment

Originally posted by pacewon
            But that's easy for you to say, because you're not the one paying these guys tens of millions of dollars to "bore themselves in spring training".
            but i doubt because Ortiz is out playing in the WBC that whoever pays him doesnt have enough money to feed his family.There are more important things than money.

Comment

Originally posted by kckid2599
              but i doubt because Ortiz is out playing in the WBC that whoever pays him doesnt have enough money to feed his family.There are more important things than money.
              It's not about how much money the owner has, it's about the owner investing tens of millions on players to give it their all for his team, and if they get injured in the WBC they can't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D.
                So, he's adamently against it, but doesn't have a reason other than "he thinks it's stupid"?

Isn't that basically saying he doesn't like it because he doesn't like it?
                It's not saying he doesn't like it because he doesn't like it, it's saying he doesn't like it, period.
                "Hall of Famer Whitey Ford now on the field... pleading with the crowd for, for some kind of sanity!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X