The ONE guy that really matters in all this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ONE guy that really matters in all this

The person who I really want to hear comments from in regards to this whole Bonds fiasco is the guy that OWNS the all time home run record, one HANK AARON.

It's not OUR record, but Hank's. Has anyone heard from the Hammer?!
    "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you. What's that you say Mrs. Robinson? Joltin' Joe has left and gone away. Hey hey hey."

Good Question!!!
    I too wonder what Hank thinks??
    1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

The only article I've found in which Hammerin' Hank comments on Bonds is from Dec 2004. Other than that, you may check in the Braves forum to see if they've heard of anything recent.

HOF and asterisks not up to Aaron
      Once a supporter and admirer of Barry Bonds, all-time homerun king Hank Aaron is now disturbed to hear Bonds' statements to a grand jury investigating a California lab for illegal steroids distribution, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Sunday.

Bonds testified to a grand jury that he used a clear substance and a cream given to him by a trainer who was indicted in a steroid-distribution ring, but Bonds said he didn't know they were steroids, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

"First, since I played the game myself, I know that you can't put something in your body to make you hit a fastball, changeup or curveball," Aaron told the Journal-Constitution on Saturday.

"The only person who can do that is the good Lord. But, at that age [40], you have to ask: Did he accomplish all of this by rejuvenating his strength from day to day with those substances? I know that when you reach a certain age, you just don't bounce back as quickly as you think you can when you're playing all of those games.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

aaron's oft-sourced dec 2004 statement is actually a non-statement.
        he wonders out loud, and does not seriously question or take bonds to task.

'til now, aaron has not wanted to get into the thick of it.
        i wonder what would change his mind?
        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

mr. aaron is not pleased - he has already said that he will not travel across country when his record is broken - do you think any of the hall of famers are going to embrace bonds except mays?

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
            aaron's oft-sourced dec 2004 statement is actually a non-statement.
            he wonders out loud, and does not seriously question or take bonds to task.

'til now, aaron has not wanted to get into the thick of it.
            i wonder what would change his mind?
            Sometimes I wonder if it's his respect for Barry's godfather, Willie, who played in his era and league. I know you'll never ever hear Willie griping about this, since it's as off-limits to him as discussion Marilyn Monroe was to JoeD.

Hank's obviously a very proud man, but likely lacking any incentive to do any investigative research into Bonds' PED usage, I doubt he'd do much accusing. Still, I take for granted that he does have certain doubts about the legitimacy of Bonds' HR record, regardless of whether he reaches #756 or not.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X