Did I read right . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I read right . . .

. . . that the Florida Marlins have a team payroll that, if increased FORTY PERCENT, would equal ARod's salary?
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    . . . that the Florida Marlins have a team payroll that, if increased FORTY PERCENT, would equal ARod's salary?
    Where did you see that? Over the length of A-Rod's contract? A single season?
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
      Where did you see that? Over the length of A-Rod's contract? A single season?
      a SINGLE season. They said the Marlins payroll was $18 mil
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

a SINGLE season. They said the Marlins payroll was $18 mil
        Egad! Does the team have anyone with more than three years experience currently? How much of that goes to Willis and Cabrera?
        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

what a bunch of cheap ********

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
            Egad! Does the team have anyone with more than three years experience currently? How much of that goes to Willis and Cabrera?
            i cant see it being only 18 mil as they had to pay willis some money and same with cabrera. but the rest is pretty much making the rookie scale so its definitely less than 30 million

Comment

1. Wes Helms 2,812,500
              2. Joe Borowski 2,300,000
              3. Dontrelle Willis 1,750,000
              4. Miguel Cabrera 472,000
              5. Brian Moehler 400,000
              6. Miguel Olivo 400,000

Everybody else is getting paid league minimum...
              The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
              Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Originally posted by KingJ
                1. Wes Helms 2,812,500
                2. Joe Borowski 2,300,000
                3. Dontrelle Willis 1,750,000
                4. Miguel Cabrera 472,000
                5. Brian Moehler 400,000
                6. Miguel Olivo 400,000

Everybody else is getting paid league minimum...
                *Laughs guts out*

Take that Loria

*burns picture of Loria and WS CUp*:grouchy
                Cristobal

Comment

I thought that the Brewers when they reduced from $60m or so to $40m or so, were really being cheap. Are they raiding their farm to get guys to play?

Forget about haircuts, I think these young guys better concentrating on winning quite a few games. Not just avoiding the loss, but *WINNING*.
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Their highest paid player is Wes Helms?
                    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Well the good news for the Marlins is they will probably get the most wins per $$ of salary lol

$18,000,000 / 65 wins = $276,923 per win

$50,000,000 / 90 wins = $555,555 per win

$100,000,000 / 80 wins = $1,250,000 per win

$200,000,000 / 105 wins = $1,904,761 per win.

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82
                        Their highest paid player is Wes Helms?
                        And the sad part about that is he's not even going to be a starter!!!
                        Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

Yeah Wes better watch out he may be cut or traded in a cost cutting move.

I think the Marlins are about to embark on one of the most interesting 162 game experiment that baseball has ever seen.

What can a team of rookies and prospects do? I've heard several people over the years comment about how much they like to see younger 'hungrier' players over overpaid 'crybaby' superstars for years.

This is literally a 'dream' team for people that think like that. Lets see what happens when 7 rookies play every day for a year.

It will at least be interesting.

Comment

new to BBF and since living in Germany have to follow baseball mostly through the net and have found:
                            http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/salaries/ states the Marlins' combined payroll for 2005 was $60,375,961.00

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...s.aspx?team=20 states the Marlins' combined payroll for 2005 was $60,408,834.00

ed g

Comment

I feel bad for the Marlins fans.

Both of them.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X