Should Bud Selig retire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Bud Selig retire??

It is reported today that NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue is retiring in July?

I think Selig should follow his lead. He is ineffectual and indecisive.
    Selig should retire - Yes or No? I say Yes
    Yes
    81.08%
    No
    18.92%

The poll is expired.

1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Yes, he was only supposed to be the Interim Commissioner early on, but the owners were more than happy to have one of their own as the Commissioner, which is complete crap. There is a total conflict of interests in the Commissioner's office during Selig's tenure. Someone from outside the game should be brought in.

Comment

Of course he should retire. I would love to see a new comminsinor in there besides Bud Selig. He has done nothing but hurt baseball and its now tarnished reputation. The only good thing he has done establishing interleague play which isnt all that important. But he wont retire because he is very stubborn and wont get out until he is forced out.
      go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

I've been tired of him for years.

We need new blood!
        "I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curveball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."

Comment

he's not going anywhere anytime soon. the majority of owners want him in, i believe.
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Since after Landis (and possibly even during Landis) there has always been a conflict of interest. At least with Selig they are not hiding it. The owners pick the Commish and they don't go looking for Ralph Nader types. They go looking for yes men. O'Malley practically had the COmmish in his back pocket for decades when he was alive. Commish has almost always been the owners top henchman.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Selig, but to downplay his era as nothing but bad is a bit unfair. I mean, he pushed for the wildcard, which I didn't like at the time, but has really grown on me. Attendance is at an all time high, and the game is expanding internationally.
              Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                he's not going anywhere anytime soon. the majority of owners want him in, i believe.
                Of course they do, he's one of them (or at least was).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D.
                  I'm not a big fan of Selig, but to downplay his era as nothing but bad is a bit unfair. I mean, he pushed for the wildcard, which I didn't like at the time, but has really grown on me. Attendance is at an all time high, and the game is expanding internationally.

I don't think it would surprise anyone to find out a Red Sox fan likes the Wild Card. They've been the WC team 5 times now.

Comment

If he does, he'll prob. get accused of runing away from the steriods problem.If he doesnt, he'll prob. worsen the steriods problem.hmmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
                      I don't think it would surprise anyone to find out a Red Sox fan likes the Wild Card. They've been the WC team 5 times now.
                      Sure, that's been nice...but watching what the wildcard has done for the game has been exciting, don't you think?

Two Marlins teams won a World Series after winning the wildcard, and the Astros went to the World Series last year as the WC.

Without the wildcard, a lot less teams would be "in the mix" come September. I can't see that as being bad for baseball.

Comment

Not a big fan of the Marlins and their wild card wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
                          Not a big fan of the Marlins and their wild card wins.
                          Of the wins, or the subsequent breakup of the teams?

Comment

Of the wins

Comment

I am going to vote no.
                              Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X