X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesn't matter lf or 2b...

he's more valuable at the plate.

Comment

He will be more valuable in the OF because of his lack of defense at 2nd. But Soriano could be even worse defensivley at left because he has never in his career played in OF. So the transition may not be as easy as people think. He can be an offensive power despite his lack of disipline. And he may get less homers this year being in an pitchers park but the nats need power, something they despritley needed last year.
      go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Originally posted by RedSoxVT92
        He will be more valuable in the OF because of his lack of defense at 2nd. But Soriano could be even worse defensivley at left because he has never in his career played in OF. So the transition may not be as easy as people think. He can be an offensive power despite his lack of disipline. And he may get less homers this year being in an pitchers park but the nats need power, something they despritley needed last year.
        He could very well be worse defensively in LF, but that won't hurt the team as much as being bad at 2B.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
          He could very well be worse defensively in LF, but that won't hurt the team as much as being bad at 2B.
          If he has Manny's defense but not Manny's bat, I'm not too sure how well he's helping the team.

I can't say that his "helping the team" is automatically where Frank Robinson pencils him in. To me, the only team he can help plays in the AL.

I'll ask around later on, but I'd definitely need to hear of his solid fielding before I'm thinking he's better serving the team at LF instead of 2B.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
            Still, in 2002, he was 1 HR away from 40/40 as a Yankee, but his almost 700 AB
            must've made him pooped at the end.
            I remember being really bummed when he couldn't cross that 40 HR threshold. He was on a tear for a bit, and actually, should have had around 42 or 43 homers, but you may be right, he just got tuckered out.
            "He can get 10 hits in five at-bats." -Joe Torre, exasperated after seeing Ichiro hit a routine ground ball to shortstop and cross first with an infield single.
            sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X