No announcement yet.

Bonds to sue over steroid allegations in book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, bonds is suing because he claims the book wrongly used secret grandjury testimony.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=ne...4%26refer%3Dus

Comment

In which court will the lawsuit be held? I presume somewhere within San Francisco itself, since that's where he plays and that's where the writers work.

Also, when does he plan to file the lawsuit?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Horror
        Yep, bonds is suing because he claims the book wrongly used secret grandjury testimony.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=ne...4%26refer%3Dus
        And Barry officially joins the camp of juicers who won't sue for being accused of it, apparently.
        EAMUS CATULI!
        AC036198

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
          In which court will the lawsuit be held? I presume somewhere within San Francisco itself, since that's where he plays and that's where the writers work.

Also, when does he plan to file the lawsuit?
          Apparently he was denied.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Comment

Thanks for the link.

The NY Daily News' long-time cartoonist, Bill Gallo has this to say:

Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Originally posted by csh19792001
              Yes, Astro!! Keep the steroid abusers defenders brigade alive! Keep those excuses flowing, they really show your character and intestinal fortitude!!!
              While I'm doing that, would you like for me to find a clue for you?

Comment

Originally posted by csh19792001
                Yes, Astro!! Keep the steroid abusers defenders brigade alive! Keep those excuses flowing, they really show your character and intestinal fortitude!!!
                Actually, it's not necessary to question anyone's character here because they've defended Barry Bonds. In fact, one of the SFG Mods here, wcoab, is a frequent defender of Barry Bonds. I've never once doubted his sincerity, character or anything of the like. We merely respectfully disagree on this issue but don't let it get in the way.

Perhaps agreeing to disagree isn't such a bad thing after all.
                Originally posted by Astro
                While I'm doing that, would you like for me to find a clue for you?
                And please let it end right there, thank you both very much.

Comment

BTW, the plaintiff can always be compelled to testify. In this case, however, Bonds' lawyers might be successful at limiting the scope of his testimony so that steroid use was not allowed to be discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorpe
                    BTW, the plaintiff can always be compelled to testify. In this case, however, Bonds' lawyers might be successful at limiting the scope of his testimony so that steroid use was not allowed to be discussed.
                    If the court buys the "clean hands" argument or allows the defense that whatever was done didn't damage Bonds, his case goes nowhere if he doesn't testify under oath in a deposition (at least) on his alleged steroid use.

Jim Albright
                    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
                    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
                    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

In other words, use his 5th Ammendment rights.
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

The lawsuit can still go forward, all that was done was deny his request to halt all profits from the book.
                        Best posts ever:
                        Originally posted by nymdan
                        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
                          The lawsuit can still go forward, all that was done was deny his request to halt all profits from the book.
                          Not sure of this but this is what I herad on ESPN Saturday morn. That Bonds or his lawyers "at this time" were not disputing what was in the book, only how the info was gained, through leaked grand jury testimony.

At this time their goal was to stop payment to the authors. Their strategy of course could change. I may have missed something but as of yet I have not heard of him or his attorneys disputing whats in the book.
                          Last edited by SHOELESSJOE3; 03-25-2006, 05:25 AM.

Comment

What's there for him to testify about if not steroids and other PED usage?

I'm still interested in knowing who the anonymous witnesses are.

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
                              In other words, use his 5th Ammendment rights.
                              Actually, while he still has fifth amendment rights, as the plaintiff he can be put to the choice of exercising those rights and see his case against the book dismissed or waive those rights in order to pursue his case against the book.

Jim Albright
                              Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
                              Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
                              A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright
                                Actually, while he still has fifth amendment rights, as the plaintiff he can be put to the choice of exercising those rights and see his case against the book dismissed or waive those rights in order to pursue his case against the book.

Jim Albright
                                I always thought it was a complete farce for a plaintiff to plead the 5th Amendment. I mean if you're not going to discuss the specific complaints against the defendant, then what's the point of the lawsuit?

To me, if this were a criminal case with a police officer testifying against a defendant, if the office took the 5th, the case would be laughed out of court.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X