Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Steve Stone was right...again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looks like Steve Stone was right...again...

    Remember about a month ago Steve Stone mentioned on his radio show that he thought something looked wrong with Mark Prior's mechanics??? It was not only adamently denied by Prior, but when Kerry Wood was asked about Prior based on Stone's observations, Wood said something like, "Oh, is that guy still around?" in reference to Stone. several others from the Cubs' dugout made similar comments.

    Recent news about Prior's shoulder and his DL listing for the season opener proved Stone was right.

    Personally, I'm HUGE Steve Stone fan because he's one of the brightest baseball men on the airwaves. He's always a gentleman and didn't deserve the comments.

    Don't get me wrong....I'M SORRY he's right and wish Prior could pitch the second game. Z definitely deserves the honor of opening day duties! :gt
    Nothin' like fun at the ol' ballpark!

  • #2
    Hey, BBW!

    Is Steve on WSCR 670 "the Score" in Chicago? Is there a link to what he said on air?

    Steve Stone To Join WSCR, 670 The Score
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mattingly
      Hey, BBW!

      Is Steve on WSCR 670 "the Score" in Chicago? Is there a link to what he said on air?

      Steve Stone To Join WSCR, 670 The Score
      Yeah, Steve is intervied alot by the anoucers on The Score, but i dont no about the link for what he said
      I collect TTM and IP. autogrpahs, right now i have about 125,

      Ive been a sox fan my whole life, always have been, always will be.

      www.soxpride.com ( a fun site to talk to other sox fans)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Good Men wear Black and White
        Yeah, Steve is intervied alot by the anoucers on The Score, but i dont no about the link for what he said
        what??

        once again the old guy of the staff will carry the load in chicago

        Comment


        • #5
          The Cubs just can't stand to hear the truth can they??
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baseballwise
            Remember about a month ago Steve Stone mentioned on his radio show that he thought something looked wrong with Mark Prior's mechanics??? It was not only adamently denied by Prior, but when Kerry Wood was asked about Prior based on Stone's observations, Wood said something like, "Oh, is that guy still around?" in reference to Stone. several others from the Cubs' dugout made similar comments.

            Recent news about Prior's shoulder and his DL listing for the season opener proved Stone was right.

            Personally, I'm HUGE Steve Stone fan because he's one of the brightest baseball men on the airwaves. He's always a gentleman and didn't deserve the comments.

            Don't get me wrong....I'M SORRY he's right and wish Prior could pitch the second game. Z definitely deserves the honor of opening day duties! :gt
            What's new?
            Prior's injury prone.

            Go figure.
            Cristobal

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
              What's new?
              Prior's injury prone.

              Go figure.
              Prior isnt injury prone in the sense that it is something he can control... this is the first time he has had arm problems

              He has had freak injuries, such as gettin ran over by Marcus Giles on the base-paths and taking a comebacker off the elbow

              Comment


              • #8
                So what exactly was different about Mark Prior's delivery that Steve Stone figured out? Did he say that Prior had altered his delivery to hide an injured shoulder?
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kerry Balsa Wood and Mark Priortobeingonthedl .Millions of dollars and endless wishing. Let's not forget that Tejada was on the table for Prior but nah Marks potential, like Balsa Woods , is "limitless". Clement would look right nice with Zambrano and Maddux right about now. Baker can't stand Stone because he announces with his rose colored glasses in his pocket. Hey Kerry how about having a decent full season before you open that yap of yours,.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lindseynelson
                    Kerry Balsa Wood and Mark Priortobeingonthedl .Millions of dollars and endless wishing. Let's not forget that Tejada was on the table for Prior but nah Marks potential, like Balsa Woods , is "limitless". Clement would look right nice with Zambrano and Maddux right about now. Baker can't stand Stone because he announces with his rose colored glasses in his pocket. Hey Kerry how about having a decent full season before you open that yap of yours,.
                    Uhhh Clement is over-payed and over-rated...

                    Anyway Prior, as I said before, isnt injury prone in the sense he keeps reinjuring himself... he keeps getting freak accidents that injury him, collision on base paths, linedrive off elbow

                    Manny Ramirez used to get hurt every year with the same freak injuries, now he hasnt been hurt for a few seasons in a row becaues it was more bad luck than something he was doing wrong

                    Plus this missed time due to the freak injuries is helping him avoid arm problems that many young pitchers face at his age in the "injury nexus"

                    As for Kerry Wood, the next contract he signs should come with Duct tape... and maybe Baker shouldnt have all his young pitchers throw so many pitches, he has no idea how to handle a pitching staff... especially a young one

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X