NYM

A win = 2 points
    A loss
    (extra innings) = 1 point

We need volunteers.
    The more the better

LEADER BOARD:

Code:
     NAME:                        WINS                   LOSSES              POINTS

wilkerson_rulz              
    Yankee Legend             
    Zito 75                       
    YOUgodofwalks            
    Pure Dodger                
    ndistops
    Astro
    Yankees
    Good men wear black and white
    Dude Car 00
    Maple Syrup Man
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make your picks for Tuesday April 4th, 2006:

WAS at NYM
    ATL at LAD
    FLA at HOU
    PIT at MIL
    SF at SD
    CLE at CHW
    MIN at TOR
    BOS at TEX
    LAA at SEA
    NYY at OAK
    Last edited by wilkerson_rulz-06; 04-03-2006, 03:54 PM.
    Cristobal

I won't be a participant, but I'll give you simply instructions on using "[code]":

It's an on/off code, just like [b], [color=], [url], [size], etc. Except that it changes all text within to monospaced (text width doesn't change because of the letter's width, such as "w" or "m" being the widest; "i" being the thinnest).

In order to use it properly, simply create a Word or WordPerfect document with 10 point Courier New font, which comes standard with Windows. Then change the page size to 8.5x14 if text is wide, and use Landscape page orientation.

Since you can't use Tabs, you "space things over", meaning that you align all text by hitting the [space] bar on your keyboard. Once everything looks good, you've insured that the longest names in any "column" doesn't extend past things in the next "column", you just keep aligning, insuring that all numbers are right-aligned by the last number.

In addition, instead of single-spacing, text using "[code]" also looks like it's 1.5 line spacing, which some would call "a space and a half".

That's pretty much it. Any questions, just ask.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Anyone care to join?
      Zito75 and Yankee Legend have joined in.
      Last edited by wilkerson_rulz-06; 03-28-2006, 09:02 AM.
      Cristobal

Comment

sounds like fun, i'll do it
        "As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places." - Bart Giamatti

You go through The Sporting News of the last 100 years and you will find two things are always true. You never have enough pitchers, and nobody ever made money.
        -Don Fehr

Comment

I'll join.
          Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
            I won't be a participant, but I'll give you simply instructions on using "[code]":

It's an on/off code, just like [b], [color=], [url], [size], etc. Except that it changes all text within to monospaced (text width doesn't change because of the letter's width, such as "w" or "m" being the widest; "i" being the thinnest).

In order to use it properly, simply create a Word or WordPerfect document with 10 point Courier New font, which comes standard with Windows. Then change the page size to 8.5x14 if text is wide, and use Landscape page orientation.

Since you can't use Tabs, you "space things over", meaning that you align all text by hitting the [space] bar on your keyboard. Once everything looks good, you've insured that the longest names in any "column" doesn't extend past things in the next "column", you just keep aligning, insuring that all numbers are right-aligned by the last number.

In addition, instead of single-spacing, text using "[code]" also looks like it's 1.5 line spacing, which some would call "a space and a half".

That's pretty much it. Any questions, just ask.
            I still don't get it!

Can you please align this text.
            Code:
             NAME:                        WINS                   LOSSES              POINTS

wilkerson_rulz              0                           0                        0
            Yankee Legend             0                           0                        0 
            Zito 75                        0                           0                        0
            YOUgodofwalks            0                           0                        0
            Pure Dodger                0                           0                        0
            your name here
            your name here
            your name here
            your name here
            your name here
            your name here
            Thanx.

Cristobal

Comment

I'll join in.
              EAMUS CATULI!
              AC036198

Comment

You should make a website with picks or standings or something, if you do it daily this thread would become way too big and take forever to find something or keep track of picks

Comment

Originally posted by Astro
                  You should make a website with picks or standings or something, if you do it daily this thread would become way too big and take forever to find something or keep track of picks
                  All right, I will create a Geocities one.
                  For now, we'll use this thread.

So do you want to join?
                  Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                    All right, I will create a Geocities one.
                    For now, we'll use this thread.

So do you want to join?
                    Sure... wont be able to make picks everyday, will probably miss a day or two weekly

Comment

I'll join, thanks!
                      Me, at a Boston restaurant, to a waiter:
                      Are you sure the Manny Ramirez (name of burger) isn't a sloppy joe?

Comment

Anyone else?
                        Cristobal

Comment

ill give it a shot
                          I collect TTM and IP. autogrpahs, right now i have about 125,

Ive been a sox fan my whole life, always have been, always will be.

www.soxpride.com ( a fun site to talk to other sox fans)

Comment

Anyone else?
                            Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                              Anyone else?
                              Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X