After 36 years of being a Cub fan , this year it's GO REDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 36 years of being a Cub fan , this year it's GO REDS

I can't take it anymore. Poor decision after poor decision. The Trib laughing all the way to the bank as Wrigley is chock full every day. Prior and especially Wood sum it up.Dump all you energies and assets into some damaged goods while clubs around you get stronger.Dusty (Anyone seen Barry and Jeff?)Baker is about as pitching wise as Billy Martin was when he singlehandedly destroyed the fine young arms of the A's in the 80's.At least the Reds are making an effort to compete with a new and invigorated front office .Year after year the Cubs are mediocre at best , this with a huge fan base and bottomless treasury.

Hey, you lasted a good long time. Don't be ashamed. I tried to be a Cubs fan, and only lasted 2 years...I couldn't take the ulcers.
    But, I think you should become an Indians fan, as they are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year, and they seem to care about winning.
    Lou
    "He can get 10 hits in five at-bats." -Joe Torre, exasperated after seeing Ichiro hit a routine ground ball to shortstop and cross first with an infield single.
    sigpic

Comment

As someone who follows the Reds because they're the closest team to me, I hope you don't expect too much.
      I'm not sure where you live, but the Reds' flagship station is a powerful one, WLW AM 700, which just recently has been picked up by XM. The local fans are a fickle lot, they don't like high paid players who don't produce, and love to gripe. And when things go well, the fans are as good as anywhere. You really don't see more passion for baseball in a city, even among casual fans. So, welcome, Lindsey.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Lindseynelson
        I can't take it anymore. Poor decision after poor decision. The Trib laughing all the way to the bank as Wrigley is chock full every day. Prior and especially Wood sum it up.Dump all you energies and assets into some damaged goods while clubs around you get stronger.Dusty (Anyone seen Barry and Jeff?)Baker is about as pitching wise as Billy Martin was when he singlehandedly destroyed the fine young arms of the A's in the 80's.At least the Reds are making an effort to compete with a new and invigorated front office .Year after year the Cubs are mediocre at best , this with a huge fan base and bottomless treasury.
        dont let the door hit you on the butt on the way out.

Comment

of all the teams to hop on the wagon of, why would you choose the Reds? I can't say your really a "bandwagon fan" because you jumped onto an even worse team haha

Comment

Thirty six years is nothing

You'll be back. Enjoy a few seasons with the little red caboose, and when they fare just as poorly if not worse than the now "other" Chicago baseball club, and your ulcers bleed red instead of blue, you'll see the prodigal nature of your ways. Cheering for Cincinnati, you will find, is even more wasteful than actually caring about the dear old northside losers. See you opening day at the GAB!:gt Go Cubs!
            Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

Welcome to the Reds. Not an easy fan base to be part of but one of the best (note signature). It's not hard to be a Reds fan if you listen to Marty and Steve but if you just look at boxscores, you are in some trouble.
              Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Just think of the history you're adopting.
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

You might want to reconsider. Being a Reds fan requires a lobotomy so that you can be a Pete Rose supporter.
                  Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                    You might want to reconsider. Being a Reds fan requires a lobotomy so that you can be a Pete Rose supporter.
                    Unfortunately, this is true in a lot of cases. I once had a conversation with someone who told me he and his entire family refuses to watch anything with actor Paul Giamatti (Bart's son) in it. That's a little warped.
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Lindseynelson
                      I am a little disappointed! I am a 32 year Tiger fan, another study in futility, and I stick in there!
                      I live in Dallas now and follow the local Rangers more, but I still talk Tigers with my brother in Michigan and still keep a Tiger hat on.

Please reconsider. What are fans if not loyal?

After the BoSox and the ChiSox have won the last 2 years after their droughts, maybe this year is the Cubbies!?

Give 'em one more chance to fall in love with them again!!
                      1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

You're welcome to Washington anytime.
                        Cristobal

Comment

The Reds are a good choice. In fact, they're my NL team, largely because of the great history that the franchise has. Although the Reds are the favorites to finish last in the NL central this year, Reds fans can at least look back at the glory days of the Big Red Machine and even good seasons as recent as the late 90's. Cubs fans have to look back many years for an era in which they were actually one of the best teams in baseball. In fact, you could argue that they have to look all the way back to 1908. Even though both the Red Sox and White Sox went a long time without winning the World Series, they at least had a history of some really good, dominant teams (like the White Sox of the late 50's, and the Red Sox of the 70's, 80's, and early 90's), and great players. The Cubs have always managed to remain irrelevant most of the time.
                          "Too many pitchers, that's all, there are just too many pitchers Ten or twelve on a team. Don't see how any of them get enough work. Four starting pitchers and one relief man ought to be enough. Pitch 'em every three days and you'd find they'd get control and good, strong arms."

-Cy Young

Comment

maybe its just me but if your a real fan of a team you don't just change team cos there not doin well. If that was the case i'd have changed soccer teams ages ago as my team hasn't won anything in 60 years.
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Red Sox, you are the only only only!
                            [/SIZE]

Comment

I think the problem is that the Cubs really don't seem to be trying to win this year and at least the Reds' ownership is trying. When was the last time an owner lent his private jet to send a player to get surgery and have that player join the team on the same day.
                              Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X