Is this an omen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an omen?

When I look to the spring training standings, it surprises me that teams like Kansas City and Florida are in the upper part of the standings.

Eventhough I don't expect Kansas City and Florida to compete, I wonder if these standings are a reflection of the upcoming season.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/st...exhibition.jsp

What do you think of this??

Montreal and Milwaukee finished 1 and 2 in the NL in spring training in 2004. Both finished last in their divisions that year. That same year, Seattle finished 2 in spring training and ended up dead last in their division.

Comment

I wouldn't take too much stock in preseason standings. Many of the established veteran guys work themselves into playing shape slowly, and don't really go all out. The only players really busting their butts are the guys that are on the brink and doing everything they can to make the team.
      "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

I tend to notice that preseason results are the opposite of regular season results, which is why I worry whenever any of my teams (irregardless of the sport) win during the preseason.
        RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

I think that around 2004 or 2005, the D-Rays and Royals led their respective divisions after about 1-2 weeks of regular season play. Didn't last long.

I do hope that these teams do play well, but unless they can stick it out for the 162-game marathon, they'll merely be the leaders by the 5-mile mark. Not my idea of a leader in a long race.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
            I think that around 2004 or 2005, the D-Rays and Royals led their respective divisions after about 1-2 weeks of regular season play. Didn't last long.
            It was '03 in which KC had the good start, winning their first 9 or 10 games.
            RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Atlanta is usually at the bottom of the standings in spring training. Nuff said.
              46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82
                It was '03 in which KC had the good start, winning their first 9 or 10 games.
                Thanks. Then it must've been in 2004 that the D-Rays led the AL East by a few games. Now if only Sweet Lou could've continued this winning with a vengeance all the way 'til September.

Oh well.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X