Best Fans in MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Fans in MLB

OK, I did this last year but seeing how its been a year since I last did this, I figured that I might get some new opinions. So, which team has the best fans in baseball? Please post why you picked who.
    Last Year's Thread
    Diamondbacks
    0.00%
    Braves
    0.00%
    Orioles
    0.00%
    Red Sox
    24.24%
    Cubs
    16.67%
    White Sox
    3.03%
    Reds
    0.00%
    Indians
    1.52%
    Rockies
    0.00%
    Tigers
    0.00%
    Marlins
    0.00%
    Astros
    1.52%
    Royals
    0.00%
    Angels
    0.00%
    Dodgers
    3.03%
    Brewers
    1.52%
    Twins
    0.00%
    Mets
    0.00%
    Yankees
    9.09%
    Athletics
    3.03%
    Phillies
    1.52%
    Pirates
    0.00%
    Padres
    0.00%
    Giants
    1.52%
    Mariners
    1.52%
    Cardinals
    27.27%
    Devil Rays
    3.03%
    Rangers
    0.00%
    Blue Jays
    0.00%
    Nationals
    1.52%
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Cardinals fans are the best in the country. They are knowledgeable of the game, appreciative of fine play regardless of who the player plays for, and supportive of their team through thick and thin.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
      Cardinals fans are the best in the country. They are knowledgeable of the game, appreciative of fine play regardless of who the player plays for, and supportive of their team through thick and thin.
      That is the long standing popular belief. People in St. Louis go to games to go to games and respect the sport.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I voted for the Red Sox fans (yes I really did ).

They were faithful, year after year after year after year. They kept supporting their team after so many seasons without a WS title. Need I say more?

Comment

I love going to Cardinals' games because of the fan atmosphere.
          GOT ALBERT?
          St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
          http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
            I voted for the Red Sox fans (yes I really did ).

They were faithful, year after year after year after year. They kept supporting their team after so many seasons without a WS title. Need I say more?
            I'm telling you; you're a closet Red Sox fan.

It's ok to take the next step, Chris. There's no need to stay on the Dark Side.

If we took Anakin back, we can take you as well.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I was torn between Cards fans and Philly fans, I ended up going with St Lou fans because of the atmosphere at Busch and the respectful nature of their fans. I would like to give a nod to Philadelphia fans (of any sport) for their brutal honesty and their intense loyalty, two traits which should be applauded.
              RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

I went with the Red Sox. Being fatefull for so many years and we also having alot of knowledge for the sport. Never giving up on our team. Ya gotta love the red sox.
                go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Of course most people are going to vote for their own teams. That's what I did. (cliche time) We know a ton about the game, support The Giants wholeheartedly and believe every year is our year.
                  sigpic

Comment

the yankees ofcourse

Comment

I went with the Cards as well, hard to argue with thier fans. Though truly, the best fans are the small market teams where they know they really have no chance of winning, but still come out to the games for the love of the sport.
                      Image hosting by Photobucket

Comment

You can`t not vote for the Yankees enduring these hard 6 years without a ring and THREE years without even a pitiful pennant has scarred me for life. Boston has won the world series a mere 2 years ago and the Cardinals won the pennant two years ago so really out of the three teans the Yankees have the longest drought.
                        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

I've said the Red Sox (maybe a slight bit of bias) but theres not many fans who'd stay loyal to a club that hadn't won anything in over half a century.
                          Also they remind me of the fans for my soccer team, Newcastle United, who have followed there team through 40 years of no trophies
                          Last edited by Red Sox Rule; 03-31-2006, 04:17 AM.
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Red Sox, you are the only only only!
                          [/SIZE]

Comment

It's the Cardinals.

They are the most dedicated, knowledgeable fans in Baseball. St. Louis is a city that can most definitely be considered a "Baseball Town".

The fans there literally bleed red... okay, so maybe everyone bleeds red, but they bleed.... redder.

Comment

May I ask WHY the FANS of the TEAMS of YESTERYEAR are being excluded from this discussion?

Isn't that a form of discrimination?

c.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X