Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Fans in MLB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Ontarioguy
    See that?

    He used Red Font!

    Closet Red Sox fan, indeed.
    Spoken from a closet Charlie Brown fan. Great av, pal!
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • #32
      I don't think the devil rays qualify for this.
      Yankees '09

      Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Yankee Legend
        I don't think the devil rays qualify for this.
        Yankee fans picking on the 2 or 3 D-Rays fans out there. Man, that's rough.

        Hey, when the team owner complains that Yankee games are broadcast locally when the Yanks are nowhere near Florida, you know you've got it rough. Of course, since George lives down there, and Legends Field is nearby, they've got it bad.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Mattingly
          Yankee fans picking on the 2 or 3 D-Rays fans out there. Man, that's rough.

          Hey, when the team owner complains that Yankee games are broadcast locally when the Yanks are nowhere near Florida, you know you've got it rough. Of course, since George lives down there, and Legends Field is nearby, they've got it bad.
          no i said that cause....devil rays...dont have....fans
          Yankees '09

          Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Yankee Legend
            I don't think the devil rays qualify for this.
            Hey that is offensive to the devil ray fan. I bet he is mad now.
            Last edited by RedSoxVT92; 03-31-2006, 06:39 PM.
            go sox.

            Pigskin-Fever

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Mattingly
              Spoken from a closet Charlie Brown fan. Great av, pal!
              Cartoon Avs are the way to go, no?

              Maybe you and I are trend-setters

              As to the poor Rays fans. BF had some semi-regular TB fans come through the ranks every now and then. Where are you now, Kastofsna? Raysnbran stilll posts and Tonypug lives in the TB region so he follows them.

              I wish we had more active TB fans. As well as fans of teams like Colorado and Florida. The more local fans contribute to the CE forum, the smarter we all are.
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Ontarioguy
                See that?

                He used Red Font!

                Closet Red Sox fan, indeed.
                Well, well, well OG. You really disappoint me. I had never thought that you as a fellow Expos fan would put me down like this.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by yankees rule
                  Well, well, well OG. You really disappoint me. I had never thought that you as a fellow Expos fan would put me down like this.
                  He understands your pain and confusion, Chris, and so do I.

                  It's ok.

                  This can't be easy for you. I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going though with this revelation, but If you need someone to talk to..I'm here...It will all work put, I promise.

                  Where can I send the cap?
                  "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                  Carl Yastrzemski

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Ontarioguy
                    Cartoon Avs are the way to go, no?

                    Can I borrow... err... Steal that Av?

                    Lol.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Ontarioguy
                      Cartoon Avs are the way to go, no?

                      Maybe you and I are trend-setters

                      As to the poor Rays fans. BF had some semi-regular TB fans come through the ranks every now and then. Where are you now, Kastofsna? Raysnbran stilll posts and Tonypug lives in the TB region so he follows them.

                      I wish we had more active TB fans. As well as fans of teams like Colorado and Florida. The more local fans contribute to the CE forum, the smarter we all are.
                      Well, your av is obviously a lot more memorable than mine. Nothing against the wonderful Matt Groenig, but nobody will sniff within a mile of the legendary Charles M Schulz. He is simply beyond peer. That pic of Charlie Brown pitching brings back a lot of boy in me when I'd loved his game before I'd even seriously started watching the game. Ahhhhhh, when kids were kids.

                      As to TB fans, I wouldn't mind one bit. Padres, Royals, Rockies, Reds and other smaller market teams not expected to seriously contend would all be welcome.

                      Oh, we do have one prominent Marlins fan. I do believe he owns the place: Sean.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Mattingly
                        That pic of Charlie Brown pitching brings back a lot of boy in me when I'd loved his game before I'd even seriously started watching the game. Ahhhhhh, when kids were kids.
                        That's why I chose this pic. It represents baseball and Americana (even thought I'm Canadian) at its purest form. We all played as youngsters, for love of the game, before the rest of it mattered. There's just so much innocence in the game Charlie Brown and his friends would play. Where did it all go to?
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Red Sox Rule
                          I've said the Red Sox (maybe a slight bit of bias) but theres not many fans who'd stay loyal to a club that hadn't won anything in over half a century.

                          Uhhh Philly Phans? from 1880 to 1980?

                          from 1980-present

                          But I did vote for Red Sox fans...I mean they live and die with the Sox

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by brewcrew82
                            I would like to give a nod to Philadelphia fans (of any sport) for their brutal honestyand their intense loyalty, two traits which should be applauded.

                            Well thats one way of phrasing their behavior.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Mattingly
                              In that case, between yourself and nascar as to whether other team names should be added to the poll. It would be a late start, so the top vote-getters would automatically have more to begin with.

                              I'll stand corrected that the word "bought" should not be used, but rather "STOLEN" is the proper word.

                              I've noticed you haven't lost any of your edge, now have ya?

                              With 56 votes already cast, it hardly seems worth it to change the poll now.

                              To be fair, I would just ask that ALL of BBF Teams and Fans be considered when posting future polls. I don't think that's asking too much, do you?

                              As for your last statement, Matt.....glad you noticed! However, my "edges" have gotten a little sharper. Circumstances and experiences sometimes make that necessary.

                              c.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                The Cubs haven't even PLAYED for the big prize in 61 years and yet they are one of the most popular 3 teams with Boston and the Yankees. THAT's loyalty.

                                And contrary to popular belief, the fans aren't all beer-swilling idiots who come just for Wrigley. Most are plenty knowledgeable. (The idiots behind me at a Cubs game last year who thought Jason Dubois's last name was pronounced Doobie-oize notwithstanding.)
                                EAMUS CATULI!
                                AC036198

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X