Best Fans in MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by runningshoes53
    He understands your pain and confusion, Chris, and so do I.

It's ok.

This can't be easy for you. I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going though with this revelation, but If you need someone to talk to..I'm here...It will all work put, I promise.

Where can I send the cap?
    Do you have any experience in this Troy?

Just send the cap to Etten-Leur, The Netherlands, size 7 1/4.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
      To be fair, I would just ask that ALL of BBF Teams and Fans be considered when posting future polls. I don't think that's asking too much, do you?
      Ok, Deb. I'm going to throw this out there, and then run like hell.

"Best Fans in MLB"?
      Current Events forum?

(That sound you hear is me locking my door and carefully placing a chair up against it for added support. )
      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
        So how come they *NEVER* wear retired players' jerseys at games? It's always been about Manny, Pedro, Ortiz, Tek, Nixon, and in the past, Nomah. Where are the Yaz, Teddy, Pesky, Doerr, Fisk, Oil Can, Rice, Remy, Lynn and Dewey jerseys?

Man, that just kills me that these guys' jerseys aren't worn at games, in favor of the current teams.
        I see a fair number of jerseys from older players...Williams #9 is very popular, Yaz is fairly frequent, Fisk and Rice pop up. I would like to see a lot more of this. These shirts don't seem to be available at most stores. I would buy a Dewey in 1/2 a second, I feel that he was a much better player than Rice. It is amazing to me how many Martinez #45s you still see at games, I would swear that he is still the most common jersey.
        I stopped by a local print shop and asked if they could make Foxx #3 and (Smead) Jolley #4 for me, they promised to call me back on it and never did. I wanted to go in and smack them with my auto'ed Phil Plantier bat.
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
          I hear you, hellborn, but I think it's a consequence of the depth of some Boston fans' passion. Clearly, I'm a biased source, but I really don't believe there is a more fiercely loyal fan base than Boston's.
          I won't argue with you on that, SS. I just get worn down by the gloom and doom mentality sometimes. And, the whole "Yankees Suck" obsession is just too much...the focus is too much on hating another team instead of loving your own, and it smacks of an inferiority complex.
          I love the Bosox and most Bosox fans, and I try hard to bring a positive view to being a fan. I guess that I just feel that StL fans are at least very close to Bosox fans in intensity, and they seem to be happier about being baseball fans. Not like grinning idiots, but they seem to just plain enjoy the games more, you know??

Unless they're watching Jeff Suppan running the bases, or Edmonds trying to hit a Foulke changeup...
          "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn
            And, the whole "Yankees Suck" obsession is just too much...the focus is too much on hating another team instead of loving your own, and it smacks of an inferiority complex.
            There are some people on the North Side of Chicago who also wish certain fans (who live in the same city) weren't so obsessive about hating their rivals.
            EAMUS CATULI!
            AC036198

Comment

Ok, Deb. I'm going to throw this out there, and then run like hell.

"Best Fans in MLB"?
              Current Events forum?

(That sound you hear is me locking my door and carefully placing a chair up against it for added support. )
              You may well be correct, SoxSon! However, then why is it necessary to post a poll inclusive of some, and excluding others?

A point of information, just in case it has eluded some...... MY Forum (BROOKLYN DODGERS) is the #1 TEAM Forum on BBF, with almost 16,800 posts! The only Forums that have more are in "General Baseball". Would you agree that WE certainly have earned a "seat at the table"?

WE BROOKLYN Fans have always been the most persistent, but patient, fans in Baseball. WE don't attack, unless provoked!

c.

Comment

*cough* Neutral fans! *cough*

*cough* Idiots like me who stay up till 4am to watch a game! *cough*
                Ask me to change my sig! Sig changed 7 times, last change requested by MapleSyrupMan!

...Just so you all know, I love being quoted. Even if you're ripping apart my post as awful and stupid, I don't care. Quote me.

Officially boycotting all threads with steroid talk; let's focus on the good of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarfn5
                  Since those teams are no longer around, I felt no need to put hem on here. Of course though the Brooklyn Dodgers fall under the name "Dodgers", I did not put "Los Angeles Dodgers" so I guess that's how it works. Though for the Montreal Expos, I guess that's a different story so I'll have to adjust it when I'll end up doing this again in the near future.

They count as Mets fans.
                  Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGER DEB
                    You may well be correct, SoxSon! However, then why is it necessary to post a poll inclusive of some, and excluding others?

A point of information, just in case it has eluded some...... MY Forum (BROOKLYN DODGERS) is the #1 TEAM Forum on BBF, with almost 16,800 posts! The only Forums that have more are in "General Baseball". Would you agree that WE certainly have earned a "seat at the table"?

WE BROOKLYN Fans have always been the most persistent, but patient, fans in Baseball. WE don't attack, unless provoked!

c.
                    Deb--
                    I think you've more than earned your right to sit at the head of the table. You know that Boston fans have a few things in common with Brooklyn fans, so anything I say I say with affection. One of the things we have in common is an almost mythic loyalty to our teams.
                    But...I also think that nascarfn5 has a right to set up his poll in the Current Events forum with current baseball teams. "Best fans" does seem like it should include all fans, I agree, but he may not see it that way.

P.S. 16,800 posts is dang impressive!
                    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn
                      I see a fair number of jerseys from older players...Williams #9 is very popular, Yaz is fairly frequent, Fisk and Rice pop up. I would like to see a lot more of this. These shirts don't seem to be available at most stores. I would buy a Dewey in 1/2 a second, I feel that he was a much better player than Rice. It is amazing to me how many Martinez #45s you still see at games, I would swear that he is still the most common jersey.
                      I stopped by a local print shop and asked if they could make Foxx #3 and (Smead) Jolley #4 for me, they promised to call me back on it and never did. I wanted to go in and smack them with my auto'ed Phil Plantier bat.
                      That sounds good. I went to more games in 2002-04 (about a dozen or so each year), but for the weekend Yankee-BoSox games at YS-II, not one single Teddy, Yaz, Doerr, Pesky jersey. How could there be a Pesky Pole in RF of Fenway, he being a living legend, but no Pesky t-shirts?

I'm glad that you at least saw them. At Yankee Stadium, jerseys of Gehrig (#4), Yogi (#8, along w/Dickey), Ruth (#3), JoeD (#5), Mickey (#7), Mattingly (#23), Guidry (#49), Jackson (#44), Gossage (#54), Nettles (#9) can all be seen, as they're all sold across the street from YS-II at Stan's. Amongst managers, only Billy Martin's have I see worn, as his #1 is retired.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Deb:

Watch out for that SoxSon dude. He's a sneaky one. Besides, he hates dem Yankees. Not a good trait.

He'd somehow forgotten to mention Ebbets Field's approximate 35,000 capacity being similar to Fenway's original capacity (pre-Monster seats).
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

He'd somehow forgotten to mention Ebbets Field's approximate 35,000 capacity being similar to Fenway's original capacity (pre-Monster seats).

Remember...I said Boston and Brooklyn fans had a few things in common.

Comment

Deb:

Watch out for that SoxSon dude. He's a sneaky one. Besides, he hates dem Yankees. Not a good trait.

Well, Matt, I would say SoxSon and I have excellent traits...and a lot in common!

c.

Comment

Remember...I said Boston and Brooklyn fans had a few things in common.
                              Each of OUR ballparks, even with that seating capacity, has served each team quite well for many, many years!

I would also add that BROOKLYN and BOSTON fans have more than a few things in common. I spent a lot of time at Fenway in the early 60's and got to know SOX fans, and Boston, very well. I have often said that seeing a game in Fenway was the closest thing to what WE had in BROOKLYN. OUR Ballparks, OUR cities, OUR teams, OUR non-stop true love and loyalty are but a few things that I would say that WE have in common...and ALL have served US well through the years, and continue to do so!

c.

Comment

Originally posted by BristolBoy
                                *cough* Idiots like me who stay up till 4am to watch a game! *cough*
                                agreed, by a fellow 'idiot' who stays up in the early hours of the mornings.
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Red Sox, you are the only only only!
                                [/SIZE]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X