Nomar Back to the DL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomar Back to the DL?

It appears that Nomar's Dodgers debut will be postponed as he's likely headed for the DL. Here's a link to the Dodgers.com article. The guy just can't stay healthy.

here's hoping that garciaparra mends soon and returns to good form for the hated dodgers.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

You'd like to feel some sympathy for the Dodgers, but this is a problem they volunteered for.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Sutcliffe really laid the Nomar cards on the table yesterday. He said he's become a 6 million dollar gamble and that he hasn't been the "Nomar" we want to remember ,for years. Sutcliffe says he watched him extensively this spring and even "healthy"( emphasis on skepticism on his part) Nomar could not turn on balls and drive them anymore. Rare to hear a guy really go into such negative detail . New Dodger gm was asked by Erin Anderson (?) if they were going to act to replace Nomar and he didn't flinch in replying,"tomorrow if needed". Too bad, he was a super player in his all too brief early years.

Comment

count on ned colletti to not waste time to act, if he feels necessary.

good luck to garciaparra and colletti, good men, both.
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
            count on ned colletti to not waste time to act, if he feels necessary.

good luck to garciaparra and colletti, good men, both.
            You're saying that their GM would trade Nomah? Or DFA him?
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

This is really sad. For those of us who remember Nomar in his glory days in Boston, it's such a shame to see him crumble like this, and still so young, too.

He wants so much to play... When he was on the DL in early '04 with the Achilles injury, he'd sit on the top step of the dugout and watch the play on the field with the intensity and yearning.

I'm glad I saw him at his best.
              --Annie
              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
              Remember Yellowdog
              ABNY

Comment

Has he seen many doctors this winter? I figure it may be either his warmup technique needs improvement, or perhaps he has some kind of debilitating thing. Not quite ALS, but something's not right physically with him.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                  He wants so much to play... When he was on the DL in early '04 with the Achilles injury, he'd sit on the top step of the dugout and watch the play on the field with the intensity and yearning.
                  Of course, that image, for me at least, is countered by the image of him sitting on the dugout bench at Yankees stadium, pouting, as everyone of his teammates was up on the steps, getting into what was one of the most exciting regular seasons games I can remember ever seeing.

To me, Nomar's continuing injury woes, and how those injuries tend to linger for him, combined with the rare power he flashed for a SS earlier in his career, make Nomar's career fairly suspicious, IMO. But then again, I'm pretty much suspicious of everyone now.
                  Last edited by DoubleX; 04-04-2006, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I still remember the Nomar,Jeter and A-Rod debates.

Comment

A sad story, for sure. Nomar was great....probably on his way to a Hall of Fame career. But then his body, and then his attitude, gave out. The combination of both made him great. It sounded like he'd gotten back the desire, the attitude...but the body still isn't cooperating.

Of course, maybe this injury is just a minor bump in the road, he'll be back in two weeks, and nobody will remember his DL stint when they're voting him comeback player of the year. Too soon to tell.
                      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Originally posted by NationalPastime1980
                        I still remember the Nomar,Jeter and A-Rod debates.
                        I do too...it is funny to think about it now. One is a SS, one a 3B, and one on the DL again/still.

Comment

OH MY GAWD!!!
                          Nothin' like fun at the ol' ballpark!

Comment

I'm worried about Nomar, because he has All-Star potential, but the injury bug keeps on attacking him. He can easily have a monster season, but the injury frequency for him is too high. I fear that he could be a few injuries away from retiring, despite he's not even 33 years old.

Comment

Its really too bad, how nomar is so injury prone now. Not so long ago he was considered a future hall of famer but now he is just a player who gets injured all time(with great skills if healthy). Its sad when a guy with HOF potential, body starts to breaks down before they can really put a total HOF career together.
                              Last edited by RedSoxVT92; 04-04-2006, 02:03 PM.
                              go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X