An Open Apology to all Reds Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Apology to all Reds Fans

I posted earlier that after 36 frustrating years as a Cub fan I was switching my allegance to the Reds. I now apologize to Red fans. Having seen the Opening Day debacle it has become clear to me that the goat has nothing on me as a curse.

Originally posted by Lindseynelson
    I posted earlier that after 36 frustrating years as a Cub fan I was switching my allegance to the Reds. I now apologize to Red fans. Having seen the Opening Day debacle it has become clear to me that the goat has nothing on me as a curse.
    If only it were that simple. The Reds curse began when pitching development stopped being important to them. A few relievers have done pretty well over the last decade or so through the system, but forget about it in regards to starters. If anything, this curse truly began when the company I work for stopped having a Reds day. Now we get discount tickets to a few unchoice games per year.
    But, hey, how about that offense? The Reds will lose plenty of 10-9 games this year, as the Sporting News said.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
      If only it were that simple. The Reds curse began when pitching development stopped being important to them. A few relievers have done pretty well over the last decade or so through the system, but forget about it in regards to starters. If anything, this curse truly began when the company I work for stopped having a Reds day. Now we get discount tickets to a few unchoice games per year.
      But, hey, how about that offense? The Reds will lose plenty of 10-9 games this year, as the Sporting News said.
      Case in point ''Eric Milton''.

'nuf ced
      Cristobal

Comment

Lindsey:

How in the world could you give up on a team after only one day?

I didn't see the game, but what's the debacle that caused you to make the U-turn?
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

This is like March Madness: One and Done.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

He's not giving up. He just thinks he's giving bad karma to his newly adopted team.
            The jinx was already in place.
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

He's not giving up. He just thinks he's giving bad karma to his newly adopted team.
              Oh, OK. That makes it seem much better. After 36 years with one team, then one day with another, I was about to say. So glad I didn't.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Thank you........I was hopeful about the staff in the Spring, they really looked good so let's hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindseynelson
                  [The Reds pitching staff] really looked good [in the spring] so let's hope for the best.
                  Looked good to who?

While I'm hoping for the best, I'm expecting the worst. :gt
                  "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                  "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                  "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                  "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Historically, the Reds have never had good starting pitchers. Tom Seaver played with them for a few years, and Christy Mathewson played for one day, but other than that, the greatest pitcher in Reds history is Eppa Rixey.
                    "Too many pitchers, that's all, there are just too many pitchers Ten or twelve on a team. Don't see how any of them get enough work. Four starting pitchers and one relief man ought to be enough. Pitch 'em every three days and you'd find they'd get control and good, strong arms."

-Cy Young

Comment

Bronson Arroyo could be their best SP since Pete Harnisch

Comment

I suppose now we willsee the "Open Apology to Cubs Fans" thread!!
                        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                          I suppose now we willsee the "Open Apology to Cubs Fans" thread!!
                          Baaaaah to that.
                          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X