Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad spearing the line drive with son in arms

Anyone see that highlight

Coolest Dad ever...He just knew where it was gonna be and reached out like he was hailing a cab

Hope ESPN finds him and sends hiom that clip so his son can see it when he;s older

Too bad there was no cop around to arrest him for child endangerment.That was one of the stupididst things I've ever seen someone do

Comment

Reminds me of the Dave Barry quote
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

My buddy who works at ESPN has on his clipreel a highlight of a father holding a small child in one hand and a beer with the other. When he sees the foul ball coming he held the beer cup in his teeth and snagged the liner. It was awesome!
        Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wamby
          Too bad there was no cop around to arrest him for child endangerment.That was one of the stupididst things I've ever seen someone do
          You're kidding right?

Have we become so sensitive that a guy can't reach with a child in his arms?

His kid was safe...I have picked up, done things with a child in my arm many times...that boy was in no danger...he didn't lurch forward he just stuck his hand out

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato
            You're kidding right?

Have we become so sensitive that a guy can't reach with a child in his arms?

His kid was safe...I have picked up, done things with a child in my arm many times...that boy was in no danger...he didn't lurch forward he just stuck his hand out
            If you're referring to the clip of the guy holding an infant in one hand and catching a liner with his other hand, than I would call that child endangerment. I think only a complete moron would put a baby at risk like that.

Comment

Great play by the dad...

The kid looked to be in one of those harness thingies attached to the dad... So I think there was no way for him/her to be dropped and dads arm was there just for more support....
              "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
              ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

If you're referring to the clip of the guy holding an infant in one hand and catching a liner with his other hand, than I would call that child endangerment. I think only a complete moron would put a baby at risk like that.
                How is holding a child in one hand and catching a baseball in another endangering the child? Are you saying that he risks dropping the child? Did he have to make a jump to snare the ball? If he extends his hand out, what harm is done to the kid?
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

I thought the father grabbed the ball on the bounce?
                  "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Sounds awesome. I remember seeing one last year where a guy caught a fly ball in his beer cup. That was fairly good.

I agree with mattingly too, if he caught it in the other hand then what harms been done to the baby. Now if he'd caught with the hand holding the baby than he would have been endangering his kid....and made a better play if he managed to hold on too
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Red Sox, you are the only only only!
                    [/SIZE]

Comment

Hey, he can always make another baby, but snagging a foul liner on national TV? That's once in a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis9045
                        Hey, he can always make another baby, but snagging a foul liner on national TV? That's once in a lifetime!
                        I do think I'd put a higher value on human life tho.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                          How is holding a child in one hand and catching a baseball in another endangering the child? Are you saying that he risks dropping the child? Did he have to make a jump to snare the ball? If he extends his hand out, what harm is done to the kid?
                          I'm saying: what if what if this hard hit liner hit the baby? It's stupid enough to bring a baby to the ballpark, but to also endanger the kid?

Comment

I'm saying: what if what if this hard hit liner hit the baby? It's stupid enough to bring a baby to the ballpark, but to also endanger the kid?

Ya, probably best to just leave babies in a safe room in your house, so they never get exposed to real life or anything. Come on man, "stupid to bring a baby to the ballgame"? Those words border on being un-American.
                            "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by BadKarma
                              Ya, probably best to just leave babies in a safe room in your house, so they never get exposed to real life or anything. Come on man, "stupid to bring a baby to the ballgame"? Those words border on being un-American.
                              I think there are a lot of stupid places to bring a baby, and a ballgame is near the top of that list.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X