X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: Are you Rooting For Rollins?

A: Absolutely. I'll be watching every at bat I can live on MLB.com

Comment

Sure if he can do it that would be great. But I still dont think he'll pull it off but as long as he got that hitting streak going ill be rooting for him.
      go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Records are made to be broken and I for one love to see a deserving player reach a new level of play in their sport.

Jimmy Rollins will never be the talent of Pete Rose or Joe DiMaggio but his hard work and ability deserve to be shown in the same light even for just 15 minutes.

Comment

I root for any streak that gets to 30 because its fun to follow and if someone eventually breaks it then I will watch it and be able to say I watched it, since I wern't alive to see DiMaggios.
          "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

I root for any streak that gets to 30 because its fun to follow and if someone eventually breaks it then I will watch it and be able to say I watched it, since I wern't alive to see DiMaggios.
            Must be why your a cubs fan

Comment

I root for all records that don't involve homers to be broken, because, with homers, there's always the whole steroid issue, is he taking it, is he not taking it. I like records that are about batting average and hit streaks and RBIs because then it's more skill and less strength.

Comment

38 and counting...

Comment

At least he got it out of the way quick!
                  AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                  AL Pennant: 1982
                  NL Central Champions: 2011
                  NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

Of course. I won't be all torn up if he doesn't break the record, obviously, but it would be cool to watch.

However, a huge part of me has no desire to argue whether or not a two-season streak is worthy even though it is arguably a lot more impressive.

Comment

hit it were they ain't

Don't forget the National League Record. He has to break that before he can touch Joe D's record. This is what's great about baseball; something like this, you can follow everyday...

Comment

I'll be rooting against him this weekend (he's playing the Dodgers at home).

And if he does get to 56 (or somewhere close), it would be as big a debate as to whether or not 60 HR in a 154-game season is better than hitting 61 in 162 games.
                        SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                        "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
                          That's pretty much my take on it too... I've always respected Rollins' work ethic and how he gets the most out of the abilities he has, even though he's not an Albert Pujols or an Andruw Jones. And then there's the added benefit of seeing a record broken that's been held by a Yankee. I'm always up for that!

On the other hand, I'm hoping for a freak season-ending injury for a certain left fielder from the west coast, followed by photographic evidence of steroid use and a Pete Rose-style lifetime ban (as opposed to the Steve Howe version of the lifetime ban, where he was still pitching 7 years after said lifetime suspension).

Comment

Originally posted by Astro
                            but I would not like a Phillie to because the city of Philadelphia is a disgrace of a sports city
                            Hey, just one minute there! I'm a born & raised Philadelphian, would go to 80% of Phils home games a season throughout the '80s, so MUST say to you:

Um, would that be the Phils ownership since late 1981? Fans booing their own players out of the park? Or both?
                            :o

I'd be hoping he does it. Because I could go to Vegas and bet the house, the car & the dog on the Phillies organization finding a way to make him an ex-Phil before long. Or, at least, making news all winter trying to.

(Phillies ownership & ways = just too predictable).

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchyLefebvre
                              Hey, just one minute there! I'm a born & raised Philadelphian, would go to 80% of Phils home games a season throughout the '80s, so MUST say to you:

Um, would that be the Phils ownership since late 1981? Fans booing their own players out of the park? Or both?
                              :o

I'd be hoping he does it. Because I could go to Vegas and bet the house, the car & the dog on the Phillies organization finding a way to make him an ex-Phil before long. Or, at least, making news all winter trying to.

(Phillies ownership & ways = just too predictable).
                              Didn't Eagles fans cheer when an opposing player broke his leg or something? They're pretty brutal in your neck of the woods. Schmitty's probably still seeing a therapist because of them

Comment

His streak just ended...
                                Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X