Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, I think you're lost. This is "On Pace", not "Bitter Rivals." :atthepc
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
      Matt, I think you're lost. This is "On Pace", not "Bitter Rivals." :atthepc
      You think I can give up a chance to take a cheesy swipe at them thar Beantowners? Nahhhhhhhhh!

Re CB's 182-game season, she spotted Boston an extra 20 games so they could win the 2006 AL East.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

bonds is on pace for:

0 home runs
        0 rbi
        54 hits
        189 bb (54 int)
        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
          bonds is on pace for:

0 home runs
          CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Arroyo is on pace to hit 32 homers!!!
            Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
              bonds is on pace for:

0 home runs
              0 rbi
              54 hits
              189 bb (54 int)
              How does someone who's hitting .167 have a .500 OBP? Especially when his SLG--.250--is one-half of his OBP?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=3918
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                How does someone who's hitting .167 have a .500 OBP? Especially when his SLG--.250--is one-half of his OBP?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=3918
                Why don't they include BB? Doesn't make sense without BB.
                "He can get 10 hits in five at-bats." -Joe Torre, exasperated after seeing Ichiro hit a routine ground ball to shortstop and cross first with an infield single.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Lou
                  Why don't they include BB? Doesn't make sense without BB.
                  You'd have to click on "Stats", and you'd see that he has 7 BB over 5 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...?playerId=1785

Now why in the world do they walk him so much if he's only hitting 2 for 12? I say pitch to him unless you've got 2 RISP and a very close game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                    You'd have to click on "Stats", and you'd see that he has 7 BB over 5 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...?playerId=1785

Now why in the world do they walk him so much if he's only hitting 2 for 12? I say pitch to him unless you've got 2 RISP and a very close game.
                    Because if you pitch to him there is a good chance he will hit a homerun... he is 2 for 12, yes, but most of the time he swings at a bad pitch just trying to get a hit or do something... just standing there and not really feeling like your helping your team gets old, especially when your 2 for 12

Comment

???

Originally posted by Astro
                      Uhhh... Since when is the schedule 182 games?
                      Because I want 20 more games....
                      Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                      Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

On Pace

This thread is on pace to be hijacked.
                        I am on pace not to watch or listen to any game with Wells pitching (aka batting practice).
                        Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                        Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

Chris Shelton is currently on pace to hit 112 homers
                          Chairman Emeritus of the r/baseballHOF

Comment

It's now 1/3 of the season and I thought I should bump this thread back up. Pujols is on pace to hit 75/205/ whatever his batting average is.

Pedro Martinez 15-3/264 k's/2.50

Brandon Webb 24-0/174/2.01 and a cy young award

Johan Santana 12-12/240/3.46 one of his worst seasons
                            Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

The entire NL West will STILL finish over .500
                              SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                              "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Ouch!

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                                I am on pace not to watch or listen to any game with Wells pitching (aka batting practice).
                                I don't like seeing anyone get hurt, but Wells is on pace to make 9 trips to the DL, pitch 25 innings, go 0-3 with an ERA around 8.75

Detroit Tigers are on pace to win their division by 7 1/2 games over the defending World Champs, and the White Sox will be the AL WC, edging the Yanks by 4-5 at season's end.

My Cubs are on pace to stink up the NL so bad, they will finish the season in the Pacific Coast League.

The Cards and Mets are on pace to win their respective divisions by 15+ games, and the Reds will be the NL WC if things continue as they have thus far.

Finally, George Frankensteinbrenner is on pace for a total meltdown, and will be forced to hire a full-time valet to help his players get dressed without injuring themselves. He already has a staff of six that assist in the feeding of the pinstripers so this type of nursemaid stuff is nothing new to the Bronx.
                                Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X