X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheKingofKings
    replied
    Originally posted by Dudecar00
    Rickie Weeks wasn't brought up due to Ginters age. Weeks was one of the top 10 prospects in America and was brought up early in 2005 due to the horrible productivity (if you could call what Junior Spivey does, Productivity) of Spivey, instead of starting off in 2006.

As for Coskie being "dumped", the Brewers and Jays were actually in a bidding war in the 2004-2005 offseason for Coskie before the Jays put the price too high.The Jays are paying for most of his salary so the Brewers got a great deal on that one.
    Thanks for the Weeks info , i wasn't so sure about that one . Exactly , they dumped him in Milwaukee even paying over half his salary , they just wanted to get rid off him .

Leave a comment:

• The Dude
    replied
    Rickie Weeks wasn't brought up due to Ginters age. Weeks was one of the top 10 prospects in America and was brought up early in 2005 due to the horrible productivity (if you could call what Junior Spivey does, Productivity) of Spivey, instead of starting off in 2006.

As for Coskie being "dumped", the Brewers and Jays were actually in a bidding war in the 2004-2005 offseason for Coskie before the Jays put the price too high.The Jays are paying for most of his salary so the Brewers got a great deal on that one.

Leave a comment:

• TheKingofKings
    replied
    Originally posted by Ontarioguy
    Thanks for the clarification.

I loved watching the O-dog. Always good for the highlights.
    Your Welcome . Well the O-dog is struggling now in A-zona batting .200

Leave a comment:

• Ontarioguy
    replied
    Originally posted by whosyourpapi
    Yah , Koskie's injury gave Hill the starting job for about 60 games at 3rd , as soon as Koskie came back , the Jays shifted Hill to 2nd and he faired as good .
    As soon as the Jays knew that Hill could be a starter , they traded Hudson for Glaus and then didn't need Koskie anymore so they dumped him in MIL for prospects.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I loved watching the O-dog. Always good for the highlights.

Leave a comment:

• TheKingofKings
    replied
    Originally posted by Ontarioguy
    Koskie's never played a single inning at 2nd in his entire career. He's a 3rd baseman.

Hill Replaced the O-Dog (Orlando Hudson) in Toronto.

I don't follow the Jays much so maybe I'm wrong. Was there a major infield Shuffle that I'm not aware of. Did Kosie not playing afect the entire Infield?

Also, you forgot HiddenGem replacing Mark Bellhorn in SD.
    Yah , Koskie's injury gave Hill the starting job for about 60 games at 3rd , as soon as Koskie came back , the Jays shifted Hill to 2nd and he faired as good .
    As soon as the Jays knew that Hill could be a starter , they traded Hudson for Glaus and then didn't need Koskie anymore so they dumped him in MIL for prospects.

Leave a comment:

• Ontarioguy
    replied
    Originally posted by whosyourpapi
    Aaron Hill emerging from AAA into an MLB Starter due to Corey Koskie's Injury and Inconsinstency
    Koskie's never played a single inning at 2nd in his entire career. He's a 3rd baseman.

Hill Replaced the O-Dog (Orlando Hudson) in Toronto.

I don't follow the Jays much so maybe I'm wrong. Was there a major infield Shuffle that I'm not aware of. Did Kosie not playing afect the entire Infield?

Also, you forgot HiddenGem replacing Mark Bellhorn in SD.

Leave a comment:

• TheKingofKings
    started a topic 2nd Basemen emerging in the Game

2nd Basemen emerging in the Game

Have you remarked the number of emerging 2nd Basemen in the League last year due to veterans not producing .

As examples we have Robinson Cano emerging due to Tony Womack's lack of offense , Aaron Hill emerging from AAA into an MLB Starter due to Corey Koskie's Injury and Inconsinstency and a last example i can give is Ricky Weekes due to Keith Ginter's Age .

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X