Expanded playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
    I'm in favor of 154 games, getting rid of at least 2 crap teams to promote deeper talent (the pitching right now blows), getting rid of the DH, changing the save rule, outlawing body armor...what was the question you asked again? :atthepc
    Pitching blows now? Compared to what time in history?

Comment

As opposed to when there were more pitchers instead of throwers. Have you watched a game lately?

It's not entirely their fault. The offensively geared game is bending them over and having it's way. The hitters margin of error has never been larger. It's brutal.
      Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 04-11-2006, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
        I like it the way it is I` also campaigning for the 234 game schedule though
        Why not just play baseball all year around with a two week break for Christmas and New Years!! Shoot we can have a 330 game schedule!
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I prefer there be no division playoofs just the AL and NL pennant winners and the World Series. But that's just me.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
            Why not just play baseball all year around with a two week break for Christmas and New Years!! Shoot we can have a 330 game schedule!
            And we think steroids/greenies are a problem NOW

Comment

I'd like to see two expansion teams in the AL, four divsions in both leagues. Take the divison winners, no wildcard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukanier
                I'd like to see two expansion teams in the AL, four divsions in both leagues. Take the divison winners, no wildcard.
                That i could live with

Comment

Originally posted by Bukanier
                  I third this statement. That's the NFL alignment.
                  My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
                    As opposed to when there were more pitchers instead of throwers. Have you watched a game lately?

It's not entirely their fault. The offensively geared game is bending them over and having it's way. The hitters margin of error has never been larger. It's brutal.
                    There are always players who will be in the majors and arent ready... thats mainly because they are in the first 3 years of their career and have not really learned how to pitch, theyre used to just throwing it as hard as they can since that usually works in minor league ball

Comment

wags wants for the two league winners to straight to the world series. that's coolio,
                      except, we know that television, er, baseball, would never go for that.

so, bukanier's scenario of four divisions in each league, with division winners only advancing to the playoffs works for me.
                      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

There are too many teams for only 2 league winners to get to the playoffs--think of the complaints about unbalanced seasons! They beat us by 1 game but played so and so 19 times and won 17, we only played so and so 6 times but won all 6.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the current format, why change it... if anything cut it down to 2 divisions per league and award 2 wildcards, so the sad winner of the NL West doesnt automatically make it

Comment

Why don't we take after college basketball and expand the league to 129 teams and have a huge 64-team tournament? THAT would get people interested!

Comment

On a serious note, I like the current format, but I also like Bukanier's and Astro's proposals. So I don't know what to say just yet.

Comment

I've given this a lot of thought, and I've decided that I'll fourth (or is it fifth?) Bukanier's proposal. I've even gone so far as to create the new divisions. I awarded expansion teams to Portland and San Antonio, and gave the Marlins their new stadium. So here we go:

AL EAST

Boston
                                Baltimore
                                Tampa Bay
                                New York

AL CENTRAL

Kansas City
                                Texas
                                San Antonio
                                Cleveland

AL WEST

Portland