Second Favorite Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Favorite Team

You can tell by almost everyone's moniker, avatar, or sig line who their favorite team is but who is your second favorite MLB team you root for? I know many don't have a second favorite but if you had to choose who would you follow?
    Arizona
    1.49%
    Atlanta
    2.99%
    Baltimore
    8.96%
    Boston
    8.96%
    Cubs
    5.97%
    White Sox
    5.97%
    Cincinnati
    2.99%
    Cleveland
    2.99%
    Colorado
    0.00%
    Detroit
    2.99%
    Florida
    0.00%
    Houston
    0.00%
    Kansas City
    0.00%
    Angels
    1.49%
    Dodgers
    2.99%
    Milwaukee
    1.49%
    Minnesota
    0.00%
    Washington
    1.49%
    Mets
    2.99%
    Yankees
    4.48%
    Oakland
    7.46%
    Philadelphia
    2.99%
    Pittsburgh
    7.46%
    St. Louis
    10.45%
    San Diego
    0.00%
    San Francisco
    1.49%
    Seattle
    2.99%
    Tampa Bay
    1.49%
    Texas
    4.48%
    Toronto
    2.99%

The poll is expired.

2016 World Series Champions

Cubs or Pirates
    RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
    Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
    Infamous butcher,
    Angel of Death

Comment

I'd have to choose between the White Sox, Athletics, and Devil Rays. I've been following the Sox longer so I'll vote for them.
      2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Baltimore.

Hey Hank, where's Washington?
        Last edited by Bob Hannah; 02-05-2005, 12:05 PM. Reason: Add the question

Comment

I gotta admire what the A's & Twins have done on little payroll :gt
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

I thought it was the White Sox, but I'm not so sure anymore

Expos will always be #1...
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

I follow the Red Sox more than any other (non-Yankee) team, and I like most of the guys on that team (with the notable exceptions of Schilling and Ortiz). I watched a lot of Tigers baseball growing up, so I have a soft spot for them. But I'd probably have to say St. Louis. My favorite teams of all time were the Gashouse Gang Cards of the 30's, who featured my favorite all time player (Pepper Martin) and my favorite all time pitcher (Dizzy Dean). I loved Vince Coleman and the Herzog Cards of the 80's, and though I for some reason can't stand Scot Rolen, I like the current team (would like them more if Ankiel pitched there). So I go with St. Louis.
              "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hannah
                Baltimore.

Hey Hank, where's Washington?
                He must've used Montreal instead. I wonder how Ontarioguy feels about this.

Me, it's between the BoSox and the Metsies.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                  I wonder how Ontarioguy feels about this.
                  I thought I was ready to move on to the Chisox but it just doesn't feel right. There are other factors aswell, such as my stubborn pride. I refuse to pay $$ to MLB to earn the rights to online audiocasts.

I can either quit on MLB, or jump on the Yankee bandwagon, since I get a local station just across the border in upstate NY and I get WCBS clearly at night.

I'm really lost right now, I like baseball too much to just ditch it but I'm not sure I can adopt.

I had been frequenting this sight much less lately, but it's getting warmer and in recent days I've been posting more. I'm starting to miss baseball. Baseball has a pretty tight grip on me and the idea of listening to Yankees baseball on a daily basis isn't as repulsive as it once seemed.

It's tough no matter what happens...

Comment

Next to the Yankees I have had three other favorite teams.

The Expos
                    The Braves
                    The Mariners

In the early nineties I admired the Braves because they build a team out of their own farm system. Other teams can take that as an example.

I have always had a soft spot for the Expos and Mariners.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                      You can tell by almost everyone's moniker, avatar, or sig line who their favorite team is but who is your second favorite MLB team you root for? I know many don't have a second favorite but if you had to choose who would you follow?
                      Great idea for a thread!!

I'd have to go with the Cardinals- they've got the tradition (1882-present), the integrity (many of their stars evinced it, as have their loyal fans), and the success (20 pennants, 9 World Championships)- not too shabby for a non NY, midwest/relatively small city franchise. I also am a big fan of Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds and company, in addition to the Cardinal historical heroes.
                      Last edited by csh19792001; 02-05-2005, 02:30 PM.

Comment

the orioles.

i was taught to appreciate the defense end of it: robinsons, blefary, blair, johnson, aparicio, belanger, buford, et al.

it was only later did i realize that the orange and black thing would be running thread in my life.
                        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Ontarioguy
                          I thought I was ready to move on to the Chisox but it just doesn't feel right. There are other factors aswell, such as my stubborn pride. I refuse to pay $$ to MLB to earn the rights to online audiocasts.

I'm really lost right now, I like baseball too much to just ditch it but I'm not sure I can adopt.

It's tough no matter what happens...
                          You and your fellow Montrealers (is that right?) may consider just becoming baseball fans. You could also visit thte Brooklyn Dodger forum, asking how forumers there felt about baseball when their team left. It would be interesting seeing how they'd followed it, despite seeing their familes' and friends' beloved palace/castle of many years being torn away right their very eyes. h

While I've never experienced this and can't personally relate, I'd be devastated if the Yankees ever moved, and can at least try my best as a baseball fan to relate to you guys, as I've tried doing here under CE and in the past under BBF's Expos forum. I can only try.

Yeah, it can be tough. There's the NY Giants, Brooklyn Dodgers, Washington Senators, Philadelphia Athletics and the Boston/Milwaukee Braves forums for teams which have ceased to exist. You may try asking how they've felt.

If you'd like, I could also post something here, asking for fans of other teams how they'd felt about the loss and how they followed baseball. Or either of us could do so in the individual team forums.

Au Revoir, Les Expos: 1969-2004: RIP
                          Last edited by Mattingly; 02-05-2005, 04:21 PM.
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957

Comment

I was looking for anyone playing the A's, Mariners, Rangers and Dodgers.
                            http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

After the departure of the Senators, I could NEVER bring myself to follow the hated Orioles.

I started following both the Red Sox and White Sox from afar. Now that the Red Sox have won a World Series, I'll be following the White Sox more intently.
                              "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X