Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How would you feel...

    How would you feel if you worked out day in and day out, you busted your ass everyday and then when you start to do well and all of your hard work pays off you get asked 1,000,000 questions about: "Did you take steroids?"

    Now I'm not saying Bonds, or any other of the players accused of using steroids, didnt do it... but I'm sure that some of the ones who are accused actually didnt use them and worked hard...

    How would you feel if all of your hard work was put aside as, "Just another 'roid head" and everyone badgered you day in and day out?

    I'd be pissed off, I don't blame Bonds for tearing into the reporters because they ask the same stuff OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.

    Before you go off accusing anyone who hits over 30 HRs of using steroids, think before you do it.

  • #2
    I don't care. I'd ask him every day myself as long as he doesn't get tested. And if he did get tested everyone would shutup and he wouldn't be bothered, would he?
    2016 World Series Champions

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
      I don't care. I'd ask him every day myself as long as he doesn't get tested. And if he did get tested everyone would shutup and he wouldn't be bothered, would he?
      I believe he has taken tests, and passed every one of them, no?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Astro
        How would you feel if you worked out day in and day out, you busted your ass everyday and then when you start to do well and all of your hard work pays off you get asked 1,000,000 questions about: "Did you take steroids?"

        Now I'm not saying Bonds, or any other of the players accused of using steroids, didnt do it... but I'm sure that some of the ones who are accused actually didnt use them and worked hard...

        How would you feel if all of your hard work was put aside as, "Just another 'roid head" and everyone badgered you day in and day out?

        I'd be pissed off, I don't blame Bonds for tearing into the reporters because they ask the same stuff OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.

        Before you go off accusing anyone who hits over 30 HRs of using steroids, think before you do it.

        It would get old after a while to tell you the truth. But I've been in those shoes, after training extremely hard during this offseason and offseasons in the past. Guys have hinted that people think I took roids. That was the ULTIMATE compliment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hiddengem
          I believe he has taken tests, and passed every one of them, no?
          That can't be accurate.
          2016 World Series Champions

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hiddengem
            It would get old after a while to tell you the truth. But I've been in those shoes, after training extremely hard during this offseason and offseasons in the past. Guys have hinted that people think I took roids. That was the ULTIMATE compliment.
            Woo hoo, HG's gonna bust out with 40 dingers
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
              That can't be accurate.
              Based upon . . .
              Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
              Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

              Comment


              • #8
                Based upon all the controversy surrounding the issue. Unless the media for some reason wouldn't believe those tests results.
                2016 World Series Champions

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                  Woo hoo, HG's gonna bust out with 40 dingers
                  If I do that, look for me in a Major League park near you

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                    That can't be accurate.
                    West Coast would know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      Woo hoo, HG's gonna bust out with 40 dingers
                      Originally posted by hiddengem
                      If I do that, look for me in a Major League park near you
                      Yeah, but how would we find the ball?

                      Seriously, if Bonds were tested, the MLBPA would probably fight against it. Now they seem to realize that w/o any tests, the game is tarnished. Seems pretty strange that someone can claim to be clean, yet their union vehemently fights against any tests to confirm this. The union should've done a lot more in terms of testing to confirm any questions a long time ago.

                      I hear that Lance Armstrong is one of the most tested athletes around, yet he gets asks questions about doping and other no-nos.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mattingly
                        I hear that Lance Armstrong is one of the most tested athletes around, yet he gets asks questions about doping and other no-nos.
                        This is true. He gets tested between every stage in the Tour de France and after passing every time the European media writes about how he has to be on something.
                        2016 World Series Champions

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Everyone is being tested -- to expect one player to do it publicly without requiring the same for every other player is unfair, no matter who the player is.
                          I'm NickG, and I approve this message.

                          Home page

                          "In God we trust, all else must have data."
                          -- Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                            That can't be accurate.

                            Barry was tested last September and tested negative.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                              That can't be accurate.
                              bb was tested last season. i read it on the internet.
                              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X