X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williamsburg2599
    replied
    Originally posted by cricketfan_turned_baseballfan View Post
    oh come now, i don't believe that he was like that only because he did drugs. he just seems like an irrepressible personality, not to mention a good pitcher. it's hard to not like that.
    I'm a huge spaceman myself, I just think that the MLB drug policy and the modern look at stuff like that compared to the 60s and 70s have something to do with it.

Not to mention Bill is probably one of a kind. How many players were like that before and during his time?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by cricketfan_turned_baseballfan View Post
    oh come now, i don't believe that he was like that only because he did drugs. he just seems like an irrepressible personality, not to mention a good pitcher. it's hard to not like that.
    Ask Don Zimmer how much he likes it.

Leave a comment:

• cricketfan_turned_baseballfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
    This might have something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Williamsburg2599
    replied
    This might have something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• cricketfan_turned_baseballfan
    replied
    i just listened the 2004 interview and recently watched the documentary. i just love this guy, though i never got to watch him play. he sounds just nutty enough for red sox nation. how come we don't have characters like this guy amongst the active players?

Leave a comment:

• VTSoxFan
    started a topic Spaceman on the radio, 3/17

Spaceman on the radio, 3/17

For those who might be interested, Vermont Public Radio will be airing an interview with Bill Lee discussing baseball, life and his new book, on Thursday, 3/17 at 7:00pm. If you can't get it on the radio (and a vast majority can't, of course), you might want to get the streaming audio.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X