Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenny Dykstra sentenced to 3 years in the slammer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lenny Dykstra sentenced to 3 years in the slammer

    Looks like Nails will be doing around 3 years for his role in using false information to lease high end cars - or in other words - grand theft auto.

    Here's the story CNN posted:

    http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/05/justic...html?hpt=hp_t3
    WAR? Prove it!

    Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

  • #2
    Nails got nailed.
    My top 10 players:

    1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
      Nails got nailed.
      LOL! I was going to post that same thing!
      Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

      Comment


      • #4
        Does anyone else feel that Bonds got off too lightly? I certainly do after seeing this.
        WAR? Prove it!

        Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
          Does anyone else feel that Bonds got off too lightly? I certainly do after seeing this.
          I don't. Can't really compare taking steroids to Grand Theft Auto imo.
          My top 10 players:

          1. Babe Ruth
          2. Barry Bonds
          3. Ty Cobb
          4. Ted Williams
          5. Willie Mays
          6. Alex Rodriguez
          7. Hank Aaron
          8. Honus Wagner
          9. Lou Gehrig
          10. Mickey Mantle

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
            I don't. Can't really compare taking steroids to Grand Theft Auto imo.
            kind of funny (not that i don't agree) coming from a guy named GiambiJuice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SOCOM Aggie View Post
              kind of funny (not that i don't agree) coming from a guy named GiambiJuice.
              Ha. I regret making that my username 7 years ago. I'm actually a fan of Giambi and don't think steroids are a big deal. I guess it just had a nice ring to it at the time.
              My top 10 players:

              1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                Ha. I regret making that my username 7 years ago. I'm actually a fan of Giambi and don't think steroids are a big deal. I guess it just had a nice ring to it at the time.
                You can change it anytime if you wish.
                1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
                  You can change it anytime if you wish.
                  Hmm. Not sure that I want to, but how would I do that?
                  My top 10 players:

                  1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Barry Bonds
                  3. Ty Cobb
                  4. Ted Williams
                  5. Willie Mays
                  6. Alex Rodriguez
                  7. Hank Aaron
                  8. Honus Wagner
                  9. Lou Gehrig
                  10. Mickey Mantle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
                    Does anyone else feel that Bonds got off too lightly? I certainly do after seeing this.
                    Not really. Bonds made a personal decision to use something he knew was banned/illegal. Then he lied about it because he didn't want to get in trouble. The only victims were his body (perhaps) and the record books. Lenny Dykstra has made a post-baseball career out of ripping people off and being sleazy. I would have no problem inviting Barry Bonds over to my home for dinner, while I'd never let Dykstra step foot in my house unless I had a security camera in every room and at least one large male friend to accompany every female present.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by davewashere View Post
                      Not really. Bonds made a personal decision to use something he knew was banned/illegal. Then he lied about it because he didn't want to get in trouble. The only victims were his body (perhaps) and the record books. Lenny Dykstra has made a post-baseball career out of ripping people off and being sleazy. I would have no problem inviting Barry Bonds over to my home for dinner, while I'd never let Dykstra step foot in my house unless I had a security camera in every room and at least one large male friend to accompany every female present.
                      Point taken - although I don't think Nails should do any less time... You're right - he's sleazy.
                      WAR? Prove it!

                      Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                        Ha. I regret making that my username 7 years ago. I'm actually a fan of Giambi and don't think steroids are a big deal. I guess it just had a nice ring to it at the time.
                        Send webmaster a note if you'd like to change it. He's very good about such requests if you so choose.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Don't drop the soap, Nails.
                          I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                          - Walt Whitman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                            Hmm. Not sure that I want to, but how would I do that?
                            Send a message to one of the webmasters.
                            1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                            1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                            1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                            The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                            The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                              Ha. I regret making that my username 7 years ago. I'm actually a fan of Giambi and don't think steroids are a big deal. I guess it just had a nice ring to it at the time.
                              Keep the "GiambiJuice" moniker. It's clever and unique!
                              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X