Matt Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Bush

Jeff Passan has a new article on Matt Bush, the troubled former first round pick for the Padres eons ago. He looked good in spring training but he was arrested several days ago for a DUI and running from the scene of the crime. He hit a 72 year old man who is in serious condition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...i_crash_032612

What a tragedy.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

He's facing 3 felonies and on top of that, he apparently only has $2,000 left in his bank account.

I thought his career was done last time, but I think its safe to say it's definitely done at this point. What a waste of talent. Makes you wonder if this is how Josh Hamilton would have ended up had he not turned his life around.
    Religion: Yankeeist

"Hanging out with him sucks because all the women flock to him. Let's see, he's been on the cover of GQ, is rich and famous, hits for average and power and is a helluva nice guy." - Tim Raines on Derek Jeter

Comment

How do all these lowlifes end up getting drafted #1 overall? First Brien Taylor and Josh Hamilton, and now Matt Bush...

EDIT - almost forgot Delmon Young!
      Last edited by GiambiJuice; 03-26-2012, 07:00 PM.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
        How do all these lowlifes end up getting drafted #1 overall? First Brien Taylor and Josh Hamilton, and now Matt Bush...

Lowlife's? That's pretty harsh. If you put a whole lot of money in the hands of a kid who doesn't know how to handle it and tell him he's the best thing since sliced bread and that he can do no wrong, it shouldn't be too surprising when something like this happens.
        San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

What i don't understand is why the Rays haven't cut all ties with him yet.
          All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post

In fairness, Josh Hamilton and Delmon Young seem to have cleaned up their acts a bit.
            Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
              What i don't understand is why the Rays haven't cut all ties with him yet.
              The Rays have just placed him on the restricted list.

Comment

After being in prison for 34 months, Matt Bush has been signed to a minor league deal by the Rangers.
                The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
                  After being in prison for 34 months, Matt Bush has been signed to a minor league deal by the Rangers.
                  Other than Ron Leflore has any other major leaguer ever served prison time (not just arrested and placed in jail for a few hours or a few days) before reaching the majors?
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                    Other than Ron Leflore has any other major leaguer ever served prison time (not just arrested and placed in jail for a few hours or a few days) before reaching the majors?
                    I know Gates Brown did. It looks like we had a thread about this several years ago:

Baseball players who have gotten in trouble with the law
                    Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

With all the chaos here, having not one, but two, Matt Bush threads on the first page of the Current Events forum, makes all the sense in the world...
                      The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

SO, why would they waste time on this now 30+ year old never was worth much of a crap headache.

Comment

Rangers to promote Matt Bush:
                          http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...hields-jr.html

Comment

He has been a good addition to the pen so far. Still bringing it at 97-98.
                            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                              He has been a good addition to the pen so far. Still bringing it at 97-98.
                              He also kicked off that Rangers v Jays brawl the other day by plunking Bautista.
                              "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X