Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA might put ads on Uniforms, Could MLB be far behnd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA might put ads on Uniforms, Could MLB be far behnd?

Right now none of the 4 major US Sports has ads on the uniforms. The NBA is considering doing it.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...on-uniform-ads

If its a success (meaning lots of money coming in) do you think MLB would be far behind?

Manchester United (Soccer team) makes over $30 Million a year from ads on uniforms. I am sure the Yankees, Red Sox , Braves and Cubs are worth big money on the uniforms.

And even the small market teams would get a big revenue boost

While I hate the idea. Its possible if the NBA does it MLB would do it too

I doubt very much MLB would ever do this. They wouldn't stoop that low. And the fans wouldn't put up with it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

IMO if other leagues will do it, MLB will not be left behind . $30 Million dollars is alot of money (I am sure the Yankees could get close to the $30 Million Dollars)

Pirates wont get that, of course

Baseball is a business and this could be ALOT of money

Magic Johnson just paid $2.1 Billion for the Dodgers, this could help pay for his investment

(I am not saying I am for it, I am not) but I also realize sports are a business

And Mark Cuban is behind this and he wants to own a MLB team BADLY

Comment

In any case, I already believe that Selig has a receipt in one of his desk drawers that confirms the date and details of his sale of the soul of major league baseball. If ads on uniforms ever appear for us to see every game, it would just further confirm my suspicions.
        Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

In european soccer this is standard. any team has his sponsors logo on it

http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&hl=...:429,r:11,s:12

even worse it is in cycling. they have a million adds on their jerseys.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

The good news, in any case, is that MLB has room to put ads on their uniforms without making it look out of place or garish. I can easily see a Home Depot or Delta Air Lines patch on the Braves' sleeves, and that wouldn't bother me a lick.

I don't think it would be like the Carribean winter leagues, where I once saw Coca-Cola where the name is supposed to be on the back of the jersey.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by zahavasdad View Post
              Right now none of the 4 major US Sports has ads on the uniforms. The NBA is considering doing it.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...on-uniform-ads

If its a success (meaning lots of money coming in) do you think MLB would be far behind?

Manchester United (Soccer team) makes over $30 Million a year from ads on uniforms. I am sure the Yankees, Red Sox , Braves and Cubs are worth big money on the uniforms.

And even the small market teams would get a big revenue boost

While I hate the idea. Its possible if the NBA does it MLB would do it too
              The NBA is the "Burger King" of pro sports. They need to sell advertising to stay afloat - and that's pathetic.
              WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

ads on uniform

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
                I doubt very much MLB would ever do this. They wouldn't stoop that low. And the fans wouldn't put up with it.
                I am with Mr. Laser Beam
                mlb does allow ads on the players,
                just NOT on the jersey or pants
                ads can be seen on equipments for catchers and,umpires,
                also on players undershirt or t-shirt,
                and players extra's, such as bats,gloves,wrist ban,elbow pad,ankle brace,etc

I as a fan I want the mlb uniform, to be just that uniform with the team/state/city or area's name
                not something CRACY like the one's the soccer teams wear.

I would NEVER know the name of this team, unless I'm a local

NO, their name is NOT the bimbo
                what about this one

this team is the equivalent of the ny yankees in baseball

to me, I think they are the AIG or the AON with a nike checkmark
                Last edited by drdg; 03-31-2012, 05:36 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                  In european soccer this is standard. any team has his sponsors logo on it

http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&hl=...:429,r:11,s:12

even worse it is in cycling. they have a million adds on their jerseys.

It's different with European football clubs. It's understandable why they have ads on their kits (jerseys). Clubs over there are not "franchises." The league has nothing to do with a club's finances. A club is on their own. Unlike here in North America, the leagues have control of the teams. See what happened to the Hornets and the Dodgers. The NBA and MLB took over. Also, commercial break is only at halftime (15 minutes). MLB and NBA thinking about putting ads on jersyes just makes them look greedier than ever since gazillion commercials throughout each game and ads all over the baseball field/basketball court aren't enough for them.

BTW, in soccer, it's actually negative when your team doesn't have an ad on your jerseys. That means no company wants to invest money in your team. I proudly wear my Chelsea "Samsung" jersey.
                  Last edited by UnderPressure; 03-31-2012, 05:41 PM.
                  Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
                    It's different with European football clubs. It's understandable why they have ads on their kits (jerseys). Clubs over there are not "franchises." The league has nothing to do with a club's finances. A club is on their own. Unlike here in North America, the leagues have control of the teams. See what happened to the Hornets and the Dodgers. The NBA and MLB took over. Also, commercial break is only at halftime (15 minutes). MLB and NBA thinking about putting ads on jersyes just makes them look greedier than ever since gazillion commercials throughout each game and ads all over the baseball field/basketball court aren't enough for them.

BTW, in soccer, it's actually negative when your team doesn't have an ad on your jerseys. That means no company wants to invest money in your team. I proudly wear my Chelsea "Samsung" jersey.
                    a followup to that
                    the NFL might have to go to court
                    over the Tim Tebow ads sponsor on the jets jersey
                    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1052099

nike file a lawsuit that put a STOP
                    on the selling of the NY Jets jersey having Tebow's name
                    (which the nfl approved for all teams including the Jets made by reebok having a reebok ad)

tebow has an exclusive contract with nike (nike ad)

and the NFL contract with reebok expired march 1,2012
                    Last edited by drdg; 03-31-2012, 06:17 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

MLB already puts ads on unis...for the Japan series anyway.

6877462490_6b3820927e_o.png
                      I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                      - Walt Whitman

Comment

^^^^ No, the reebok contract with the players union expired March 1. The reebok contract with the NFL expires tonight. And Nike's contract begins at midnight... Reebok did not get permission from the Players Union...
                        Mike Hopper
                        Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

I don't have any problem with MLB putting ads on players' uniforms. Let the players be human billboards for all I care.
                          My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                          2. Barry Bonds
                          3. Ty Cobb
                          4. Ted Williams
                          5. Willie Mays
                          6. Alex Rodriguez
                          7. Hank Aaron
                          8. Honus Wagner
                          9. Lou Gehrig
                          10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Will the NFL re-sign with Reebok?
                            Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
                              Will the NFL re-sign with Reebok?
                              Maybe in 5 years...
                              Mike Hopper
                              Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X