Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Pineda done for the season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Michael Pineda done for the season

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...houlder-injury

    I'd provide further commentary on this, but I've been warned about using expletives on this site before.
    Religion: Yankeeist

    "Hanging out with him sucks because all the women flock to him. Let's see, he's been on the cover of GQ, is rich and famous, hits for average and power and is a helluva nice guy." - Tim Raines on Derek Jeter

  • #2
    That Yankees Rotation appears to be getting more and more suspect and thinner and thinner.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
      That Yankees Rotation appears to be getting more and more suspect and thinner and thinner.
      Where's A.J. Burnett when you need him?
      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
        That Yankees Rotation appears to be getting more and more suspect and thinner and thinner.
        Still, C.C. and Nova is a solid #1 and #2, which is more than many teams have. I wish we would've kept Colon instead of Garcia. It was obvious that Garcia was throwing junk and getting lucky, whereas Colon had really good stuff (in the first half of the season at least).

        Time for "the savior" Andy Pettitte to show up and the save the day (sarcasm).
        My top 10 players:

        1. Babe Ruth
        2. Barry Bonds
        3. Ty Cobb
        4. Ted Williams
        5. Willie Mays
        6. Alex Rodriguez
        7. Hank Aaron
        8. Honus Wagner
        9. Lou Gehrig
        10. Mickey Mantle

        Comment


        • #5
          Just think, if he had stayed as a Seattle Mariner he wouldn't have gotten injured and he would still be going strong!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
            Just think, if he had stayed as a Seattle Mariner he wouldn't have gotten injured and he would still be going strong!
            And you know this, how?
            My top 10 players:

            1. Babe Ruth
            2. Barry Bonds
            3. Ty Cobb
            4. Ted Williams
            5. Willie Mays
            6. Alex Rodriguez
            7. Hank Aaron
            8. Honus Wagner
            9. Lou Gehrig
            10. Mickey Mantle

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
              And you know this, how?
              The Back to the Future split timeline theory.

              Of course, it's also possible Pineda could have been mauled by a rabid wolverine if he stayed in Seattle. :P

              But seriously, it sucks when injuries like this happen.
              46 wins to match last year's total

              Comment


              • #8
                It does suck for Pineda (and the Yankees too I guess).

                But it sure seems to make that trade for Montero look pretty good right now, as he is hitting .400 over the last 4 games and .300 over the past 16 games.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                  Still, C.C. and Nova is a solid #1 and #2, which is more than many teams have. I wish we would've kept Colon instead of Garcia. It was obvious that Garcia was throwing junk and getting lucky, whereas Colon had really good stuff (in the first half of the season at least).

                  Time for "the savior" Andy Pettitte to show up and the save the day (sarcasm).
                  CC hasn't exactly been the most dominant. Nova gets great great run support every time he pitches. And well the Rest are......
                  All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                  A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                    CC hasn't exactly been the most dominant. Nova gets great great run support every time he pitches. And well the Rest are......
                    CC is a better pitcher with a better track record than anyone on the Rays. He has his shaky outings, but by the end of the season his numbers are phenomenal every single year, especially for pitching in Yankee Stadium and against the AL East.
                    My top 10 players:

                    1. Babe Ruth
                    2. Barry Bonds
                    3. Ty Cobb
                    4. Ted Williams
                    5. Willie Mays
                    6. Alex Rodriguez
                    7. Hank Aaron
                    8. Honus Wagner
                    9. Lou Gehrig
                    10. Mickey Mantle

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                      And you know this, how?
                      Past team success.
                      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                        CC is a better pitcher with a better track record than anyone on the Rays. He has his shaky outings, but by the end of the season his numbers are phenomenal every single year, especially for pitching in Yankee Stadium and against the AL East.
                        Ummmm Really? Oh were in 1st by the way. Sheilds and price both have ERA's under 3 now While CC has an ERA where? Ya......
                        All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                        A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's a tough break for the Yankees and Pineda. Hopefully he comes back from this injury and lives up to expectations. I don't think we can really judge the Montero for Pineda trade until their careers play out a little more. Maybe 4-5 years from now. I still think it will end up being a good trade for both teams.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                            Ummmm Really? Oh were in 1st by the way. Sheilds and price both have ERA's under 3 now While CC has an ERA where? Ya......
                            CC DOES have a better track record than Shields and Price because he's been around longer.

                            Four Washington Nationals starters all have ERAs under 1.60. What's your real point?
                            46 wins to match last year's total

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              In the AL, I'd probably only take Verlander, Hernandez, and Weaver over Sabathia right now, but doesn't it concern anyone else how poorly he's performed in the playoffs? He's been in the playoffs five times now, and has only pitched well in one of those years (granted, the Yankees did win the title that year). I know it's not a huge sample size, but 15 starts and 86 innings is pretty large for a playoff sample (Heck, it's almost half a season of starts), and that 1.616 WHIP and 4.8 BB/9 aren't pretty.
                              Last edited by Thatguyoverthere; 04-26-2012, 01:41 PM.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X