Michael Pineda done for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thatguyoverthere View Post
    In the AL, I'd probably only take Verlander, Hernandez, and Weaver over Sabathia right now, but doesn't it concern anyone else how poorly he's performed in the playoffs? He's been in the playoffs five times now, and has only pitched well in one of those years (granted, the Yankees did win the title that year). I know it's not a huge sample size, but 15 starts and 86 innings is pretty large for a playoff sample (Heck, it's almost half a season of starts), and that 1.616 WHIP and 4.8 BB/9 aren't pretty.
    Even past postseason heroes have crappy postseasons (see: Cliff Lee last season). It's too small of a sample size to tell us anything.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
      CC DOES have a better track record than Shields and Price because he's been around longer.

Four Washington Nationals starters all have ERAs under 1.60. What's your real point?
      Not saying he doesn't and what does the NL have to do with the AL? Lol
      All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
        And you know this, how?
        Because everything would be different in the fabric of the space-time continuum.

:twocents:

Comment

Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
          It does suck for Pineda (and the Yankees too I guess).

But it sure seems to make that trade for Montero look pretty good right now, as he is hitting .400 over the last 4 games and .300 over the past 16 games.
          Well, in any event, here is a link to some examples of some of the things Montero has been doing so far this year if anyone is interested:

http://www.mlb.com/search/media.jsp?player_id=524968

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
            Because everything would be different in the fabric of the space-time continuum.

:twocents:
            Wow, you really are from outer space! I'm sorry I doubted you. :bowdown:
            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X