X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ol' aches and pains
    replied
    Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
    Because everything would be different in the fabric of the space-time continuum.

:twocents:
    Wow, you really are from outer space! I'm sorry I doubted you. :bowdown:

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
    It does suck for Pineda (and the Yankees too I guess).

But it sure seems to make that trade for Montero look pretty good right now, as he is hitting .400 over the last 4 games and .300 over the past 16 games.
    Well, in any event, here is a link to some examples of some of the things Montero has been doing so far this year if anyone is interested:

http://www.mlb.com/search/media.jsp?player_id=524968

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    And you know this, how?
    Because everything would be different in the fabric of the space-time continuum.

:twocents:

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    CC DOES have a better track record than Shields and Price because he's been around longer.

Four Washington Nationals starters all have ERAs under 1.60. What's your real point?
    Not saying he doesn't and what does the NL have to do with the AL? Lol

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Originally posted by Thatguyoverthere View Post
    In the AL, I'd probably only take Verlander, Hernandez, and Weaver over Sabathia right now, but doesn't it concern anyone else how poorly he's performed in the playoffs? He's been in the playoffs five times now, and has only pitched well in one of those years (granted, the Yankees did win the title that year). I know it's not a huge sample size, but 15 starts and 86 innings is pretty large for a playoff sample (Heck, it's almost half a season of starts), and that 1.616 WHIP and 4.8 BB/9 aren't pretty.
    Even past postseason heroes have crappy postseasons (see: Cliff Lee last season). It's too small of a sample size to tell us anything.

Leave a comment:

• Thatguyoverthere
    replied
    In the AL, I'd probably only take Verlander, Hernandez, and Weaver over Sabathia right now, but doesn't it concern anyone else how poorly he's performed in the playoffs? He's been in the playoffs five times now, and has only pitched well in one of those years (granted, the Yankees did win the title that year). I know it's not a huge sample size, but 15 starts and 86 innings is pretty large for a playoff sample (Heck, it's almost half a season of starts), and that 1.616 WHIP and 4.8 BB/9 aren't pretty.
    Last edited by Thatguyoverthere; 04-26-2012, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Ummmm Really? Oh were in 1st by the way. Sheilds and price both have ERA's under 3 now While CC has an ERA where? Ya......
    CC DOES have a better track record than Shields and Price because he's been around longer.

Four Washington Nationals starters all have ERAs under 1.60. What's your real point?

Leave a comment:

• Yankeefan3783
    replied
    It's a tough break for the Yankees and Pineda. Hopefully he comes back from this injury and lives up to expectations. I don't think we can really judge the Montero for Pineda trade until their careers play out a little more. Maybe 4-5 years from now. I still think it will end up being a good trade for both teams.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    CC is a better pitcher with a better track record than anyone on the Rays. He has his shaky outings, but by the end of the season his numbers are phenomenal every single year, especially for pitching in Yankee Stadium and against the AL East.
    Ummmm Really? Oh were in 1st by the way. Sheilds and price both have ERA's under 3 now While CC has an ERA where? Ya......

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    And you know this, how?
    Past team success.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    CC hasn't exactly been the most dominant. Nova gets great great run support every time he pitches. And well the Rest are......
    CC is a better pitcher with a better track record than anyone on the Rays. He has his shaky outings, but by the end of the season his numbers are phenomenal every single year, especially for pitching in Yankee Stadium and against the AL East.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Still, C.C. and Nova is a solid #1 and #2, which is more than many teams have. I wish we would've kept Colon instead of Garcia. It was obvious that Garcia was throwing junk and getting lucky, whereas Colon had really good stuff (in the first half of the season at least).

Time for "the savior" Andy Pettitte to show up and the save the day (sarcasm).
    CC hasn't exactly been the most dominant. Nova gets great great run support every time he pitches. And well the Rest are......

Leave a comment:

• Edgartohof
    replied
    It does suck for Pineda (and the Yankees too I guess).

But it sure seems to make that trade for Montero look pretty good right now, as he is hitting .400 over the last 4 games and .300 over the past 16 games.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    And you know this, how?
    The Back to the Future split timeline theory.

Of course, it's also possible Pineda could have been mauled by a rabid wolverine if he stayed in Seattle. :P

But seriously, it sucks when injuries like this happen.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
    Just think, if he had stayed as a Seattle Mariner he wouldn't have gotten injured and he would still be going strong!
    And you know this, how?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X