Do baseball players overtrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do baseball players overtrain?

I have been wondering, with injuries seemingly on the rise every year, if baseball players don't overtrain during both the season and off season. The starter for San Diego who it is claimed bench presses 400 pounds, hour after hour of plyos for others. I'm not suggesting that they return to the days of training like the Babe, or doing advertisements for Chesterfield Cigarettes, but there is a difference between being in baseball shape, and then going apecrap.
    Take a good look (at Jim Tracy), you won't see him for long! (my play on Drew Goodman's homerun call...)

Originally posted by Iso7x View Post
    I have been wondering, with injuries seemingly on the rise every year, if baseball players don't overtrain during both the season and off season. The starter for San Diego who it is claimed bench presses 400 pounds, hour after hour of plyos for others. I'm not suggesting that they return to the days of training like the Babe, or doing advertisements for Chesterfield Cigarettes, but there is a difference between being in baseball shape, and then going apecrap.
    I don't believe that there are more injuries today, I think the injuries (ex. concussions) are just taken more seriously than they were in the past.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Curt Schilling, Todd Coffey and Ray King agree: Baseball is the sport for men with Adonis figures.

Attached Files

Comment

Actually I'm not sure if baseball players train enough...
        Mike Hopper
        Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X