Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hwmongoose
    replied
    The screen name of the last poster is a big part of the answer to the question of this thread. GM Andy Macphail trading away his best pitcher (Erik Bedard) and his best hitter (Miguel Tejada) for 5 players each in 2 seperate trades in his first offseason as GM of the O's yielded Adam Jones among others and started the ball rolling towards this 2012 season.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Originally posted by Santoball View Post
    Wait till Dylan Bundy gets there, I say Sept if they are still in it.
    That won't happen. He should be up sometime next year, hopefully for good, but he's on a strict IP limit this year and there's no way he gets to the majors.

Leave a comment:

• DiggerODell
    replied
    . . . literally, St. Louis ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Santoball
    replied
    Wait till Dylan Bundy gets there, I say Sept if they are still in it.

Leave a comment:

• Zito75
    replied
    Originally posted by flash143817 View Post
    Tons of walks. They lead the majors in walk rate and have the second lowest K rate for batters. Basically they just annoy the pitchers and wear them out with great at-bats. Just keep stringing together enough baserunners and eventually they have to score some runs.

Good thing too, because they are well below average in defense, baserunning, and starting pitching.

According to Fangraphs, they rank dead last in baserunning runs, and 3rd to last in fielding runs.

So they are kinda like the early 2000's A's, except without Giambi and the big 3 pitchers.
    Interesting... I haven't really taken a dive into their stats but see where you're coming from...

Leave a comment:

• flash143817
    replied
    Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
    I look at Cleveland's offense and wonder how they're winning...
    Tons of walks. They lead the majors in walk rate and have the second lowest K rate for batters. Basically they just annoy the pitchers and wear them out with great at-bats. Just keep stringing together enough baserunners and eventually they have to score some runs.

Good thing too, because they are well below average in defense, baserunning, and starting pitching.

According to Fangraphs, they rank dead last in baserunning runs, and 3rd to last in fielding runs.

So they are kinda like the early 2000's A's, except without Giambi and the big 3 pitchers.

Leave a comment:

• PlanetZoltan
    replied
    Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    I would love to see a Marlins vs Rays WS
    At this point it looks like it could be a long shot possibility. Im sure that the Rays will make the playoffs and the Marlins could sneak into one of those Wild cards. Might not even take much sneaking.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Originally posted by RDB_SoxFan View Post
    I dont get why it would matter who plays who in the World Series. Money i suppose, but so what if two smaller market teams each make it to the WS. I actually would love to see teams such as the Marlins and Rays, or Blue Jays and Expos (Nationals now but you get it) play in the WS, if they were good enough to get there, its probably worth watching.
    I would love to see a Marlins vs Rays WS

Leave a comment:

• ian2813
    replied
    Originally posted by Defense Counts! View Post
    You got it, money. The networks and the league brass do not want to see two small (or obscure to Americans)-market teams in the WS. They want NY, LA, Philadelphia ...
    I don't think MLB execs obsess over TV ratings as much as you assume. The media probably does, but I don't think Bud Selig and his guys are sitting there thinking "this matchup would be a nightmare!" With all the the talk about small-market teams that goes on in baseball discussions, I get the sense that they care more about giving the underdogs a shot. I'm not a big fan of Selig, but at least he isn't David Stern.

Leave a comment:

• Defense Counts!
    replied
    You got it, money. The networks and the league brass do not want to see two small (or obscure to Americans)-market teams in the WS. They want NY, LA, Philadelphia ...

Leave a comment:

• PlanetZoltan
    replied
    Originally posted by Defense Counts! View Post
    Ha-ha. That might be worse than a Blue Jays - Expos WS that was possible one year.
    I dont get why it would matter who plays who in the World Series. Money i suppose, but so what if two smaller market teams each make it to the WS. I actually would love to see teams such as the Marlins and Rays, or Blue Jays and Expos (Nationals now but you get it) play in the WS, if they were good enough to get there, its probably worth watching.

Leave a comment:

• Defense Counts!
    replied
    Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    How about a Marlins vs Rays WS? I wonder what the powers that be would think about that? Might have a heart attack
    Ha-ha. That might be worse than a Blue Jays - Expos WS that was possible one year.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    How about a Marlins vs Rays WS? I wonder what the powers that be would think about that? Might have a heart attack

Leave a comment:

• bluesky5
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    St. Louis.
    Via Milwaukee.

Leave a comment:

• UnderPressure
    replied
    O's
    Royals
    Pirates

I'm really rooting for those three teams. MLB could use a little more parity.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X