What if Chipper goes .300/30/100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    So many good quotes after that game, lol.
    You remember when Brian Jordan questioned Chipper's commitment to staying in shape?

Chipper: “Yeah, I mean, for somebody who missed three times as many games as I have over a shorter period of time, it’s a little….”

Comment

Originally posted by Joe33 View Post
      You remember when Brian Jordan questioned Chipper's commitment to staying in shape?

Chipper: “Yeah, I mean, for somebody who missed three times as many games as I have over a shorter period of time, it’s a little….”
      I liked the quote Chipper gave when someone accused him of hanging around for the money. He responded, "anyone who says that hasn't seen my bank account." He is one of the few real characters left in the game.
      "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
      -Casey Stengel

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
        I don't see him pulling a Pettitte. Chipper seems like an honest person.
        Nothing to do with honesty if he has a good season and changes his mind. Pettitte also left the door wide open.
        Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

People change their minds. It's that simple. Don't get bent over it. We all do it.

The guy has made over $160M playing this game. He doesn't need the dough so we are just guessing about how he feels about doing the grind again.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
            People change their minds. It's that simple. Don't get bent over it. We all do it.

The guy has made over $160M playing this game. He doesn't need the dough so we are just guessing about how he feels about doing the grind again.
            He doesn't need it, but he's never gonna make that kind of money again, so a year deal of 10 mil might persuade him. I'm sure Mike Musina deeply regrets retiring, no matter what he says.
            Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X