Cole Hamels admits to hitting Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole Hamels admits to hitting Harper

I saw that he admitted hitting Harper on purpose, I dont agree with this at all. I think Hamels is kinda a idiot for admitting this. He's probally gonna be suspended but to just hit a guy because you wanna teach him old school baseball is kinda a joke especially when your not a old school ball player.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

If this is true, at least he's being honest about it. 99% of pitchers would just lie and say it was unintentional.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
      If this is true, at least he's being honest about it. 99% of pitchers would just lie and say it was unintentional.
      +1 for admitting it. -5 for doing it.

Stay classy Hamels....

Comment

I have to admit, I'm slightly amused. Some people wanted Harper plunked because of his punk attitude. Hamels actually does it and now he's the bad guy.

I'm not accussing any of you guys for doing it, but I remember that opinion from somewhere.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Harper should have blown him a kiss on his way to stealing home.

For every "punk" thing that Harper has been accused of in the past, Hamels is just as bad or worse for doing this.

For what it's worth too, Harper has been fairly humble while holding his own since getting the call. Let's not forget he's 19.
          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Definitely a bush league act on the part of the Phillies, and certainly wouldn't be the first time. I can imagine this was something they discussed prior to the game, and wasn't just Hamels acting on his own. Reasoning: Phillies are a team on the downside of a good run and feel threatened by the Nationals who are passing them by.

If the league is going to maintain a consistent line with previous sanctions, Hamels should face a fine and/or suspension.

Comment

Mike Rizzo blasts Hamels, calling him 'fake tough'. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...O07T_blog.html
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...23201&c_id=mlb

One of the nice things about the National League..
                Mike Hopper
                Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

That was definitely bush league however I like how hamels handled the situation.

he admitted doing it and also basically said the the nats were right to plunk him in return which they did.

Hamels said he expected to be hit.

"That's baseball," Hamels said. "I'm kind of happy that's the way it works, because that's the way it should. I don't think the umpires should interfere with it. Let baseball be baseball. I grew up playing the game hard and watching it. That's the way it was. I'd hate for them to change it, which has kind of happened in recent years. Just let it play out and then we get back to playing. That's just the way it is, and I'm not going to argue with it."
                  I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog19 View Post
                    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...23201&c_id=mlb

One of the nice things about the National League..
                    Can't agree more. From the steal of home to the retribution, the Nationals handled that impeccably.

Comment

Duplicate post.
                      Last edited by ol' aches and pains; 05-07-2012, 09:34 AM.
                      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                        I have to admit, I'm slightly amused. Some people wanted Harper plunked because of his punk attitude. Hamels actually does it and now he's the bad guy.

I'm not accussing any of you guys for doing it, but I remember that opinion from somewhere.
                        Actually, I was one of them, but I'm starting to come around on Harper. He handled the situation perfectly, stealing home on a Hamels pickoff throw to first base. Later, he stretched a base hit into a hustle double. So far, I like what I see from the kid, other than throwing off his helmet on his first base hit. Hamels looks like the punk now.
                        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                          Actually, I was one of them, but I'm starting to come around on Harper. He handled the situation perfectly, stealing home on a Hamels pickoff throw to first base. Later, he stretched a base hit into a hustle double. So far, I like what I see from the kid, other than throwing off his helmet on his first base hit. Hamels looks like the punk now.
                          Didn't Hamels get plunked back? Pretty sure he did. Don't see what all the fuss is about - it's just the game within the game.
                          WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Yea, Hamels was outta line.

Maybe they shouldn't even have kept score so everybody can feel like a winner.

After the game both teams could pile in the back of the coaches pickup trucks and go get big double scoop ice cream cones with sprinkles on top.
                            "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
                              After the game both teams could pile in the back of the coaches pickup trucks and go get big double scoop ice cream cones with sprinkles on top.
                              Delicious!
                              46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X