5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
      you have to rake extremely to make it out of such a draft slot. even mike piazza was 24 in his first full season (still young of course but rather old for a HOFer who are usually up full time at age 21).
      To this day I don't understand how the greatest hitting catcher ever could be be unheralded coming out of high school and college? I find it almost impossible to believe that Piazza didn't show at least some promise in high school and especially college. Didn't Ted Williams coach Piazza for a short time and say that he thought Pizza could hit 25 HR a year in the majors?
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
        Kevin Maas 2.0
        ...Chris Shelton, Brennan Boesch...
        "Batting stats and pitching stats do not indicate the quality of play, merely which part of that struggle is dominant at the moment."

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by sturg1dj View Post
          ...Chris Shelton, Brennan Boesch...
          Shane Spencer

Comment

well I would not write him off yet. of course he is not as good as his first 2 months were but he did actually hit well in the minors for years and maybe just has a tough time because the pitchers adjust to him.

I don't know if he will become an everyday player but I could see him become a consistenst 110-120 OPS+ player if he adjusts.
            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X