Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone suspected Joe Mauer of using HGH?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anyone suspected Joe Mauer of using HGH?

    In 2009, Mauer hit 28 HR. He had hit only 29 in the previous three seasons combined. This was the year before his walk year. The Twins gave him the big extension following the season. Since then, he's hit 13 HR in roughly the same amount of games as 2009. This all can't be blamed on Target Field. Can it?

  • #2
    So he would shrink the following year?
    Chop! Chop! Chop!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PocketWocket View Post
      In 2009, Mauer hit 28 HR. He had hit only 29 in the previous three seasons combined. This was the year before his walk year. The Twins gave him the big extension following the season. Since then, he's hit 13 HR in roughly the same amount of games as 2009. This all can't be blamed on Target Field. Can it?
      do you know that mauer hit about half of his HRs during one month and basically was a little above his normal pace the rest of 09?

      http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2009&t=b

      So he only took HGH for one month and then stopped? I think he just had a hot (lucky) month
      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dominik View Post
        do you know that mauer hit about half of his HRs during one month and basically was a little above his normal pace the rest of 09?

        http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2009&t=b

        So he only took HGH for one month and then stopped? I think he just had a hot (lucky) month

        Well, he could have used them to heal up in the off-season. Then again he might have rested.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by brett View Post
          Well, he could have used them to heal up in the off-season. Then again he might have rested.
          yeah he missed april with an injury. would make sense if he used that to heal faster. still pure speculation of course.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

          Comment


          • #6
            I suppose it's possible but I would relate his power drop to injuries + pitchers figuring him out...
            WAR? Prove it!

            Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
              I suppose it's possible but I would relate his power drop to injuries + pitchers figuring him out...
              _ this
              San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

              "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

              "Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

              Comment


              • #8
                Target Field
                Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

                If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Only on his hair

                  Target 70%

                  Failing body 30%
                  3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
                    Target 70%

                    Failing body 30%
                    And his flat level swing is not exactly conducive to hitting lots of home runs.
                    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
                      So he would shrink the following year?
                      I don't know. I don't have any experience with the stuff. I've never heard of (due to my ignorance) what happens when or how quickly the stuff leaves your system.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dominik View Post
                        do you know that mauer hit about half of his HRs during one month and basically was a little above his normal pace the rest of 09?

                        http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2009&t=b

                        So he only took HGH for one month and then stopped? I think he just had a hot (lucky) month
                        Interesting. I didn't look that up. So that begs my next question. Why isn't he ever voted the most-overrated player?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So you guys think steroids is the equivilant of Hulk smash?

                          Not that easy

                          He had a fluke HR season and is more of a 40 2bs .330 BA potential hitter, which I think is great

                          He is pretty predictable, the more hits he gets, the more HRs he hits

                          and the reason he is NOT overrated is because of injuries, his stellar defense and arm and he walks more than he K;s

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I doubt he was ever on Roids i however do think baltistia was/is on Roids. He has gone from a .300 to a sub .200 BA this season. Maybe its just pitchers figuring him out not sure.
                            All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                            A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PocketWocket View Post
                              Interesting. I didn't look that up. So that begs my next question. Why isn't he ever voted the most-overrated player?
                              Can catchers who win 3 batting titles really be overrated? He's accomplished something that nobody else has done in 130 years of major league baseball. And he could have easily won and deserved 2 MVPs by now.
                              My top 10 players:

                              1. Babe Ruth
                              2. Barry Bonds
                              3. Ty Cobb
                              4. Ted Williams
                              5. Willie Mays
                              6. Alex Rodriguez
                              7. Hank Aaron
                              8. Honus Wagner
                              9. Lou Gehrig
                              10. Mickey Mantle

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X