I wish everyone played like Hunter Pence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish everyone played like Hunter Pence

Every ball he hits - whether it be a swinging bunt or a HR in the upper deck, he hustles. Too bad everyone doesn't play like this.
    My blog - http://sandlotwisdom.blogspot.com/

There is such a thing as "fake hustle", you know. Some people do it just to look good.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

this sounds like one of those "back in my day"......
      "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

so, what does this mean, we should all worship the player that admires every long fly ball they hit? We should respect every player walks out everything? Every generation has these loafers - yes, but it seems there are more now. Personally they ruin the game.

Comment

Originally posted by tag0519 View Post
          so, what does this mean, we should all worship the player that admires every long fly ball they hit? We should respect every player walks out everything? Every generation has these loafers - yes, but it seems there are more now. Personally they ruin the game.

If you ask me I actually think more guys hustle now than they did 10-12 years ago.
          "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

Originally posted by m8644 View Post
            If you ask me I actually think more guys hustle now than they did 10-12 years ago.
            I strongly disagree with this statement. However, I think players today work harder off the field than they used to.
            San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

It doesn't accomplish anything to speed around the bases after hitting a home run except garner praise from observers.

When Heyward hit an extra-inning home run earlier this year, he had a brisk jog around the bases and Chip Caray said "Look at Heyward sprint around the bases!" Heyward was probably excited, sure, and it was a good pace, but ultimately, it doesn't matter he if milks it. And no one wants to walk around the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                It doesn't accomplish anything to speed around the bases after hitting a home run except garner praise from observers.

When Heyward hit an extra-inning home run earlier this year, he had a brisk jog around the bases and Chip Caray said "Look at Heyward sprint around the bases!" Heyward was probably excited, sure, and it was a good pace, but ultimately, it doesn't matter he if milks it. And no one wants to walk around the bases.
                That's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to Hunter Pence, who when he hits a ball that could or could not be a home run he hustles and gets the most out of it when it's not a home run. As opposed to a number of players who love to watch their long fly balls (seen a few this season where it was NOT a HR)

-Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tag0519 View Post
                  That's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to Hunter Pence, who when he hits a ball that could or could not be a home run he hustles and gets the most out of it when it's not a home run. As opposed to a number of players who love to watch their long fly balls (seen a few this season where it was NOT a HR)

-Tom
                  Well, you know what? That's the hitter's problem. If they think it's gone and it's not, then they play the fool. Maybe they learn a lesson from it, maybe not.

Comment

Well, you know what? That's the hitter's problem. If they think it's gone and it's not, then they play the fool. Maybe they learn a lesson from it, maybe not.
                    Bingo!! - Thanks

Comment

No problem. Glad we could understand each other.

Comment

There is such a thing as "fake hustle", you know. Some people do it just to look good.
                        And, some who hustle just don't show it.
                        Chop! Chop! Chop!

Comment

did you see the hit? It was certainly no "fake hustle" but a line drive that just cleared the wall. It could have been just as well off the wall that's why he ran hard. He didn't knew it was gone.

BTW his swing looks really ugly
                          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
                            And, some who hustle just don't show it.
                            yead some guys are just THAT slow
                            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                              BTW his swing looks really ugly
                              I agree. Good player, ugliest swing in baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X